PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregjl

Lurker
Jul 19, 2019
Hello All, I own one and like everything about it except how the stem fits. I worry the bowl will fall right off, like in the middle of a stream. I don't want to break it but I've started pushing and twisting to put it back on. Any pointers? Sanding?

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Love Peterson System pipes. Easy to clean, and provides dry smoke. But more I smoke, more I'm thinking they are not that different from army mounts and spigots. Then again, I don't have moisture issues. And I tend to clean my pipes mid smoke when retrohale becomes harsh.

As far as stummel dropping off, I used to worry about it, but never happened. Just started lunting, and I'm comfortable with System, Army, and Spigot pipes.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Hello All, I own one and like everything about it except how the stem fits. I worry the bowl will fall right off, like in the middle of a stream. I don't want to break it but I've started pushing and twisting to put it back on. Any pointers? Sanding?

Thanks

In my experience army mount connections are stronger than regular push tenon connections. I mount it with a firm grip and a light push and twist. Unless your pipe is damaged somehow or something else is amiss there should be virtually no risk of the stummel falling off.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

Thanks
Just push it in tight and twist. A bit of natural beeswax will make the process easier. If you don’t insert the army mount hard enough, they can fall off. I had it happen while checking the mail because I used to be scared to push them in too hard.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
I don't own one at this point,but I have in the distant past,and they smoke well.I don't like the new Pub Pipe too much,because the removable orifice doesn't allow the free flow that I want.I guess I could have opened the orifice a bit,but elected to sell it instead.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
I like the fishtail system pipes, though I wish they were acrylic. Their vulcanite stems discolor & sometimes affect the taste.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.