PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I don’t know why, but I keep all of the boxes that my pipes came in. It’s really kind of idiotic I know, and yet I still do it…. I had to throw a bunch away that were in a box that got crushed in my garage, but I still have a ton of them. Do you keep yours? And if so, do you feel a bit goofy for doing so?
I keep mine; as a collector, I enjoy having the original packaging. That goes for pipes, toys, etc. My appreciation for package design comes from my father being a package designer.

If there's a really cool toy I must open because it warrants checking out its unique features, and to do so requires destroying the packaging, I've picked up two in order to preserve one. It might be nuts, but, it works for me.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I keep all of the boxes, socks and stingers. I have the space (old house with a walk in attic) so why not? I've sold a few pipes and sent everything along with the pipe.

I have Lego sets, train sets, old baseball cards, all of holiday decorations and other stuff in the attic. Our old stone basement always seems damp, so it's better to store things in the attic.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
From a historical view point it makes sense. I use to keep the box to protect the pipe when moving. Later, I appreciated the literature and the sense of history about the manufacturer that could be gleaned from the packaging. I have purchased some NOS and the deciding factor is always does it come with the box.

I have a home along the Colorado River. Some view the river as water. Others view it for its beauty. Finally their are some who see it as the web of life that it is and are in awe of everything it is connected to. I suppose the same could be said of pipes and their packaging.