Do You Introduce Yourself to Other Pipe Smokers?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.

This clip reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. Saturday morning and I setting at the counter of a donut shop having a donut and coffee. Suddenly a stranger next to me very politely says "Mind if I dunk?". Without really thinking I said "Of course" and before I knew it he reached over and dunked his donut in my coffee. I had not noticed that he had no coffee. puffy

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I was at the festival two weekends ago and try to get there every year. The people watching alone is worth the price of admission.

They used to have a cigar vendor, but I didn't see him this year. A few acts retired or failed to return, like Ded Bob.
Yeah, I think the tobacco vendor is long gone. And no doubt, the people watching is unparalleled. It’s a great place to practice one’s poker face

Dyakoff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2022
Ukraine
Never seen a wild pipe smoker.
I actually haven’t seen cigarette smokers for a while.
Everyone’s a Darth Vaper nowadays, breathing liquid artificial nicotine.

• Sad
Reactions: That Guy

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I've only encountered 2 pipe smokers in the wild, one when I was in my (pre) teens and one older fellow at work which quite smoking after a heart attack, he is retired now. When I smoke my pipe during my break at work or before work it is a conversation piece when people join me smoking anything else, but further more I've never seen a pipesmoker in the wild.

I don't mind the conversation when asked and answer any question they ask, but I would rather leave a fellow pipesmoker alone when they don't start the conversation.

Reactions: JOHN72

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Several times I drove by a well worn old timer who was dragging a cart to pick up discarded cans to turn in for deposit. A pipe was dangling from his mouth. About a week later same place same time so on a cold rainy day stoped and gave him a bag of tobac, he did not say thank you, but a big smile made my day.

V

varrj

Saw a guy at the farmer’s market in Holland, MI this year. I complimented him on the nice dunhill billiard he was smoking and asked if he was smoking MacBaren Vanilla Flake. Lucky guess. He said he’s learned It’s a friendly smoke for crowds and that he had 3 compliments already.