SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Do you have a dedicated Lakeland pipe or pipes?

• Yes, one or more dedicated to types of Lakelands

Votes: 56 75.7%
  • No, Lakelands go in any pipe

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • No, I will not pollute my pipes with Lakeland sauce

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never smoked Lakeland aromatics, so I've never dedicated a pipe. The Brown Sugar Flake I've had, a non-aromatic, didn't ghost.

Reactions: Casual

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
My Condor pipe has switched over to War Horse (Green) duty... but yes I have several other pipes for Lakelands too. A grousemoor plug pipe. A Dark Flake Scented pipe (also used for Bob's, Revor, Bosun and Kendal Dark) and I keep a freehand cob spare for other Lakelands.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Yup. I do now… but given my work I’m never in a shortage of pipes. I have a smaller bowl one and a full bend one with nice size bowl for walks or work but I had that for most genres. Lakeland you definitely want one. A cob isn’t a. Bad way to go at all. Especially if you throw a forever stem on it from Vermont freehand.

mikebjrtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2012
Hurst TX
I have a briar that Bob’s Chocolate Flake tastes the best out of, but I can’t tell much difference in Ennerdale whatever I put it in.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Odd distinction. I only smoke ennerdale in a cob, but I smoke rum flake in any pipe. I never thought of rum flake as a ghoster. Is your batch of rum flake really floral, (I've heard people say they've received batches that are) or are you saying stronger as in a stronger tobacco and not topping?
I have a pipe dedicated to Rum Flake and I love it. Over the years it has developed such a distinct flavor and aroma. A few smokes won't ghost a pipe but I do recommend designating a pipe to the blend of you enjoy it.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
For The Gawith Hoggarth tobaccos I smoke
I have a Meerschaum pipe I usually grab most often. This I smoke the Lakeland tobaccos Kendal Cream Flake, Glengarry Flake, Ennerdale Flake, Kendal Flake
Second would be my German Clay pipe. I use for smoking Bob's Chocolate Flake, GL Pease Stonehendge Flake and sometimes Bosun-Cut-Plug.
And last I have a custom made briar pipe with a very small bowl that I use for the really strong nicotine tobaccos that are very dark XX black and Black-Twist and the brown flake scented . And I have a couple Corn Cobs I use while out hiking or fishing.