PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
honestly no. I am curious enough if someone offered me a bowl it would be exciting. But honestly there is enough great stuff available now and enough stuff I've never tried. So maybe when I've tried everything interesting over at smoking pipes I'll start the hunt for unicorns but.... Seriously most of my career I'd buy a tin or pouch and finish that and buy a tin or pouch of whatever, because while I have favorites anything I don't hate gives me a great deal of joy. I prefer variety but if I could only get a handful of good blends I'd be contented.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
I appreciate the link, and I've almost pulled the trigger on some tins from them several times, but I'm holding out for someone to get the 250g boxes back in stock. I'm sure I'll drop an ISO thread eventually, but I still have a few tins to hold me over for a while. Also just got a half pound of G&H Black Twist Sliced, hoping it's pretty similar.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I appreciate the link, and I've almost pulled the trigger on some tins from them several times, but I'm holding out for someone to get the 250g boxes back in stock. I'm sure I'll drop an ISO thread eventually, but I still have a few tins to hold me over for a while. Also just got a half pound of G&H Black Twist Sliced, hoping it's pretty similar.
well there were importation issues so be prepared to wait over a year.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
well there were importation issues so be prepared to wait over a year.
Yeah, I talked to Russ O and got filled in on all the importation issues. He said the Black Twist is pretty much the same, but we'll see. I don't really care as much about the specific flavor notes as I do about the texture

Reactions: BROBS
Jan 27, 2020
Yeah, I talked to Russ O and got filled in on all the importation issues. He said the Black Twist is pretty much the same, but we'll see. I don't really care as much about the specific flavor notes as I do about the texture

Now this is starting to sound a bit like a fetish... what exactly are you doing with those ropes?

• Wow
Reactions: blues4goose

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I only have a mild curiosity for great, out of production blends I never tried. I wouldn't buy a new to me but out of production blend, simply because it will be hard to get. What has happened to me though, is there are a couple of blends I have really liked that stopped production. I discovered a McClelland blend I really liked, but didn't stock up on it. And most experienced smokers will laugh at me, but I've tried stocking up on Benjamin Hartwell's Evening Stroll, as it is now out of production and I really like it. I've bought a couple pounds bulk, but I hate paying $12 for a tin after getting it for a fraction of that in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.