PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I've had so many dad-gum hobbies over the last several decades it's ridiculous! My wife once said I changed hobbies more often than I did my underwear, at which point I cocked my head and reminded her that she was not my first wife.

I know I'm not alone when it comes to loosing interest in hobbies, for I bet in closets, under beds and in attics & garages all over the world there are the dusty remnants of once exciting collections of anything you can imagine.
Sadly over the years I've been afflicted with the likes of: RCAD, WAD, GAD, HAD, RAD and now PAD/TAD. At one time or another I've had rooms full of RC aircraft, pocket watches, guns, hats, and straight razors and all the accoutrement that accompanies such collections.

Recently, due to PAD, I started feeling pretty bad about the amount of money I’ve been spending in the past month in order to feed this new disorder...and had the brainstorm, (while getting ready for work one morning and noticing a couple of dusty straight-razors and shaving mug over in the corner), that I could probably sell some of my old dead collections on the web.
I listed six items last week.
Yesterday I not only sent 6 items to new homes but cleared over three hundred bucks... and as of an hour ago, (money has always burned a hole in my pocket), I now own a brand new Peterson Aran Billiard,…some English Luxury, Proper English Anniversary Kake, Balkan Supreme, Stokkebye’s B&B, Peterson’s Irish Flake, and two pipe rests etc.

And still have $200 left!!
Tomorrow I hit the closets and the attic!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Years ago I took up SCA which lead to medieval woodworking , and then blacksmithing, and somewhere in there spinning and weaving, along with a few dozen other things. FUN!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I want to take up duck hunting now.

index.png

Just gave up golfing...too much clothing involved.

24apr29-golf-rules.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.