PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Do you cellar wide, deep or both?

• Wide (many different blends)

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Deep (large quantities of your favourites)

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Both

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintwilliam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2019
wide I would say, with a couple of small pockets. I try to get tins of things that are in my wheelhouse but new to me. Deep for me is about a pound. As a one 3-4 per week smoker that will last a long time. There are a few more pockets I’d like to develop but those will take some time now as I’m pretty sure there will be much less getting stuff small amounts passed customs with the plunge in tax revenues... got hit $50 for two tins last week.

Im running low on GH Dark Flake Unscented and Comoy’s Cask 7... oh me of my. What will I do? Lol

Reactions: rushx9

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I recently counted and my tobacco cellar contains nearly 50 different blends. Variety is the spice of life!

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Apparently I have fairly straightforward tastes. I have settled on just a handful and am buying them to stock.

boston

Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Used to be wide as I was searching. Have a ton of tins I'll never smoke. Now, I focus on a handful of blends. Half of my favorites are discontinued. So I trade for them. A few are still available so I buy from time to time. I rarely try new blends anymore. Deep for me is a dozen or more tins of a given blend.

Guppy

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2019
Texas
A little of both. I keep around 30 blends jarred up and a few pounds of 10 or so blends in mylar.

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I have 206 different blends and a total weight around 90 pounds so I answered "wide". But I guess I'm deep on some blends that I think will age well and that I know I like such as Full Virginia Flake, Sixpence, and McClelland's 40th anniversary.

Reactions: Guppy

gatorhazard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
I’m about to start down that road a little at a time being a newbie and all. I have decided though that it is for me (pipe smoking). I’ve really enjoyed pipe smoking, more so than cigars as of late.

I picked up a few tins of different tobaccos that I have not opened. One is a Dunhill theee years aged Virginia and a tin each of Escudo Navy Flake and Capstan Blue Ready rubbed which is from 2018.

Realizing I really enjoy the English blends today I bought a pound each of PS Proper English, Sutliff Match 20, and C&D Engine #99. I also purchased a few dozen 8oz mason jars and one dozen 4oz mason jars. At the amounts I smoke that should last me a long, long while. I’ll continue to add more over time and more blends but figured that was a good start.

I bought one other tin but I opened that one. Sutliff Crumble Cake Vaper. And that is some tasty stuff for a change of pace. So I’ll get more of that. Any bulk vapers that are comparable?

Reactions: Guppy and briarbuck

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Personally, more like "shooting arrows in the dark." I continue to experiment (even after some 40 years of on-and-off piping) while keeping more than a few of my several favorites.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have over 200 pounds on just 43 blends. I did my homework and did not add a blend to the cellar unless I really liked it If I was on the fence on a blend I passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.