PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Do you cellar wide, deep or both?

• Wide (many different blends)

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • Deep (large quantities of your favourites)

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Both

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Both, 5-20 pounds each blend in my cellar ranging from Virginia families, Burley families, Aromatics, and Oriental forward latakia blends.

Reactions: twoonefive
Jun 23, 2019
I've been smoking for a while now but until I found the wonderful world of online forums I had about a dozen blends, ones I regularly smoked and enjoyed, cellared Oz to Lbs deep each.

Now? Oof, where to begin? I'm basically building a medium-sized B&M.

Something about reading a diverse array of impressions really help you discover new blends you might like at a higher rate. It's like a dose of high-octane nourishment to my almost-under-control TAD. ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm in the minority here as a "wide" cellar. I smoke moderately, and don't buy much at a time, but my stash is highly various. I lean toward non-aromatics and burley based or condimental blends, but I have a lot of different blends and single leaf, quite a bit out of those categories.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
As a once a week-ish smoker, wide makes the most sense. I do have a handful of favorites that I have cellared “deep” on though (which for me means 1lb or so).

Other than those I have 2 to 6oz of hundreds of blends.
Did you run the mason jar companies out of supply yet?!

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I kind of have 3 categories. The top favorites warrant 8 to 10 pounds or more. Secondary favorites 4 to 8 pounds. Regularly throw in as a change of pace 1 to 4 pounds.
I have the same system but on a smaller scale. My favorites I keep 3-5 pounds in stock. Secondary I keep 8oz to 1 pound and new blends I have not tried but may like I order 4 Oz to try. I don’t have many favorites so my cellar is far more wide than deep.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
I have a lot of what I call "one-offs." 1 or two tins of something I wanted to try, but still haven't gotten around to.

I have a handful of blends of which I've cellared pounds each:
McClelland: 2035, 2010, Blackwoods, St. James
Sam Gawith: FVF, St. James, Navy, Best Brown
Peter Stokkebye: Bullseye
Sutliffe: 507C Virginia Slices
Esoterica: Dunbar
Lancer's Slices

So, wide; with a few deep(er) valleys.

Reactions: docpierce
Status
Not open for further replies.