Do On To Others As You Would Have them Do Onto You.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Chris: Many years as a cop taught me many things. One of them being, there are indeed people that are simply jackasses, its all they know and they are happy being such. It's their personality, day in and day out.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
One of them being, there are indeed people that are simply jackasses, its all they know and they are happy being such. It's their personality, day in and day out.
I'll agree with the "it's all they know" within the context of it being a coping mechanism or a way to establish some form of dominance, but the "happy being such", nope. None of the barb throwers of my acquaintance displayed anything like a happy interior landscape. Which happy soul has a constant need to provoke? Note the word constant. We all may tear someone a new asshole from time to time, but it's occasional and hopefully rare. Someone who gets a woodie out of provoking conflict isn't happy.
All kinds of people are part of this forum. I can choose to engage with some and to ignore others.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
I think I'll step out and smoke my pipe with a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap. I will ponder all the knowledge I am getting from this forum. I want to thank all who contribute and I hope we all prosper during the coming year.Just friends and no enemies, what a wonderful time in my life.
Goodnight all!

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I always think of what an old law school professor of mine once said:
"You have the absolute right to be offended, should expect it, and should get over it"

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
One of the reasons I read much and post so little now. I can enjoy the site by reading the posts but by not posting as often, I stay out of the Drama
Agree Fisher! If I want pissed off, I'll call one of my EX-WIVES...

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
It's been a rough winter, that's for sure. I'll be happy to see the end of it!
It certainly has. I have faith in us a group to maintain. Things will get better for sure. Forums have their highs and lows. Hang in there folks.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sable: I do know people that are only happy when stirring the pot as it were. They thrive on creating discord. I had an officer that was not enjoying himself unless he was bad mouthing the performance of others.
It was just the way he was wired and he saw nothing wrong in it. He never built himself up, just tore others down. I think he thought he was enhancing his stature in this way without boasting about himself. Twisted yes, but very logical if you think about it.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I hope everyone has a great morning and a harmoniously fine day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsePsTEgiqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjJjlpMsYpg

Jan 8, 2013
I think I must have missed something... but just in case...

I joke around a lot. I believe a good conversation only gets better when you throw in a few laughs. I am also in the military, and messing with each other is a way of life.
That said, I hope I haven't honestly offended anyone, and I apologize if I have.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Sable: I do know people that are only happy when stirring the pot as it were. They thrive on creating discord. I had an officer that was not enjoying himself unless he was bad mouthing the performance of others.
It was just the way he was wired and he saw nothing wrong in it. He never built himself up, just tore others down. I think he thought he was enhancing his stature in this way without boasting about himself. Twisted yes, but very logical if you think about it.
Yep, that sums it up. People like that have a way of wearing out their welcome. They become irritating, like jock itch, or worse, become boring and predictable.

Peck will say some of the most outlandish things, and will turn it on himself, and there's fun and wit in the way he interacts. What he doesn't have, is a NEED to provoke.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
[/quote]Peck will say some of the most outlandish things, and will turn it on himself, and there's fun and wit in the way he interacts. What he doesn't have, is a NEED to provoke.
Therein lies the difference
Well put, Sable

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Some of us will push our clocks forward tonight. YAY! Others in the north central and west are still a bit frozen. I hate to hear that. My dearest adviser suggests "Don't pay to cry, think happy thoughts." Man of a few words but profound wisdom none the less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzVhxj9yjb4

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
It is Kevin's site but without the members there would be no site.

I have seen them come and go, so this site belongs to all of us. :puffy:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
It is Kevin's site but without the members there would be no site.

I have seen them come and go, so this site belongs to all of us.
Keep smoking what you're smoking Teddy. You and I have always been worlds apart in our thinking and in our posts. You are a funny man while I am more serious. Ah I just opened myself up for Dark Knight jokes! Nothing to see here. Seriously. Crap, I did it again.

One of my daughters favorite songs. It has it's place though. Be happy, and by all means...Have a nice day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg2BoKiuOM

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
WTF????????
Did someone flame out, or did someone pee in someone else's Wheaties? I must have missed the current drama. I thought everything had been going rather smooth lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.