PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I’m excited to have samples on the way for Ennerdale, 1792 and Grousemoor to try some of the famous Lakeland blends. While all 3 are Lakeland blends, they are meant to be quite different from each other flavour wise.

Would you smoke these blends out of the one dedicated pipe for Lakelands or would you dedicate a pipe to each one?

Reactions: JOHN72

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
If you are a big fan, I’d recommend dedicating a pipe to one blend. Ennerdale could possibly clash with 1792 Flake, their profiles are quite different. I do have one pipe that I will smoke Lakelands out of though, I keep 1792 out of that pipe, to me, 1792 is its own thing and not really similar to GH&Co’s “Lakeland” tobaccos.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks, I might dedicate a cob to each until I figure out that I like them.
Haven't had recent 1792, but the recent Ennerdale and Grousemoor are nearly flavorless in the Lakeland department. You may be able to get away with one pipe for both.

Reactions: tobefrank

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
What does the clay do for the flavour?

I have been thinking about getting a couple of Dutch long stemmed clay pipes, but don’t think it’s worth it for just the 4 bowls or so that the sample is good for.
Partly, its just a small bowl...its not something I would want a lot of in one go. Also, it is a 200 year old recipe, just seems right to smoke it in a clay. Oh, and the ghost thing too I guess.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
What mortonbriar said pretty much goes for me too. I have the cannon, Grousemoor and RB plugs and I find that I enjoy them immensely just a pinch here and there. I’m not too worried about the ghosting aspect. Regardless, smoking a clay is a wonderful change of pace