PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Disappointing but, I'm only surprised they waited so long. I doubt there will even be a ripple to their bottom line. Might even increase profits as the hotel rooms and rest rooms won't have to be repainted as often, fewer burns in the linens. Certainly fewer butts to pick. So, a good idea from a shareholder's view point.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Disney... Yeah, I could care less; except for the fact that it is one more open-to-the-pubic place that is advertising they have jumped on the reflexive anti-smoking bandwagon - while patting themselves on the back for doing so.
They ought to concern themselves with becoming Pedo-Free at their parks... but if they got rid of the Pedos, who then would be left to operate the rides and concession stands? - Sherm Natman

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
And what of Uncle Remus... and his pipe?
Will they CGI-out Uncle Remus' pipe?
And what of the smoking Frog?
Gee... I wonder what the "Fellows" at Disney would find acceptable to put into Uncle Remus' mouth, - as a substitute for the offending tobacco pipe - that they feel would properly promote Disney's "special zip-a-dee-doo-da social message"? - Sherm Natman

uncle_remus-600x459.jpg

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
I don’t get the Disney haters, and that’s fine. But calling cast members pedos is just not OK in polite conversation. I know many and they are all wonderful people.
“Song of the South” is not in regular release and it’s unlikely to be available anymore.
Pipes in other movies (such as “101 Dalmatians”) are alive and well. There is still a calabash (if you look carefully) at the beginning of the Little Mermaid ride in California.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
R - If you scroll back and check, you find the reference DID NOT indicate any cast-members - as you misinterpreted, misread, and/or read into; and then, built your unfounded protest around.
The reference ONLY indicated the employees who operate the Rides and Concessions - note the distinction: Rides and Concessions - from which sprang-forth your erroneous claim and defective complaint about the imagined reference to "cast-members". Secondly, I asked a question, an interrogative; and I did not - as you also claimed - make a statement, a declaration.
Please check your facts for accuracy; thanks.
"Ah, the Inter-Webs..." - Sherm Natman

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
When I worked for Walt Disney Productions I went to the employee parties they used to have, which was great because there were no lines, everything in the park was priced at opening day prices - fried chicken dinner for 65¢ - and the studio management waited on the employees. And I also had the occasional perk of dining at the private restaurant that was available only to Disney employees.
Visiting the Florida park in the mid '90's was interesting for me because I finally got to see the work I had done on the Mexican pavilion for Epcot.
As a kid, I enjoyed, mightily, the various rides and shows.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Growing up in New Zealand and the eldest of six kids, the idea of going to Disneyland was about as realistic as going to never land with Peter Pan. There was something magical about its mere existence however...It is for kids, and should be I think, whether adults can smoke or not is kind of beside the point...

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
All employees at Disney are cast members. Disney cast members.
Took our kids twice to Disney World over twenty years ago and had a great time. I wouldn't go alone without kids, not that interesting to me. When my daughter and son-in-law take our grandsons...I would definitely go, if invited.
As for not being able to smoke at Disney. I couldn't care less.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I assumed Disney Properties would have gone smoke free long ago. I'm looking forward to taking my Grandson in a couple of years but I would never plan a vacation without a comfy spot for a cigar as a part of the fun. 8O

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Please check your facts for accuracy; thanks.
All employees at Disney are cast members. Disney cast members.
I believe, after fact checking, Disney refers to their employees as "cast members" and not
the Pedos
Gee... I wonder what the "Fellows" at Disney would find acceptable to put into Uncle Remus' mouth, - as a substitute for the offending tobacco pipe - that they feel would properly promote Disney's "special zip-a-dee-doo-da social message"? - Sherm Natman
Wow! Lotta anger in that statement. What triggered such vitriol?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Disney World is easy distance from the vast Convention Center at Orlando, a really huge convention venue that can accommodate a number of major meetings at the same time. When in town at a meeting I trekked down to Disney World to see if I could pay a visit for a few hours in the evening, I was astonished to hear that business visitors from the convention center and such were required to pay the full-day rate for an evening visit. I inquired further, both at the park and back at the convention center, supposing there was surely some alternative for shorter visit tickets. It really struck me as rude that there wasn't, since there are tens of thousands of people attending conventions weekly. Perhaps all of this has changed since I was there, but the blood-thirsty buck-chasing attitude did not make me want to go back for a few hours much less a full day or more. Fun is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but this was not fun to me.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Be they called "Cast Members" or "Employees", the point in my post was that if they (the employees) were busy chasing all the creepers out of Disney - which they should do before going after tobacco as the real villain lurking at Disney - who then would be left to operate the rides and concessions?
However, R took it upon himself to misinterpret my question, and then, distorted the matter by misquoting me as having made a statement; wherein, he re-interpreted and misquoted that I "called the Cast Members pedos", by changing the express narrative to one where it is - in his own mind - the employees (cast members, whatever) who are the creepers.
To compound things, he then decided to take it upon himself to further feel this self-imagined illusionary wound on behalf his own imagined victims - and of course - elected himself to be "offended" for whomever these imagined theoretical victims of the self-invented slight may be; and then, let us all know about it here in his berating response post.
It would be extremely refreshing if in the practice of one's amateur Social Justice Warrior hobby, as much care and attention was vigorously applied to reading comprehension and rightly applying subject indicators within a sentence, as is put into composing posts announcing imagined and self-inflicted offense on behalf on non-existent victims of a self-invented injustice. - Sherm Natman

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
Sherm,
Please go reread your initial message. The way that is written heavily implies you were calling the workers pedos, which is where the confusion occured. (I'm not sttating that was your intent, but that is what was typed out).

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It's a really slow day here on the forums. I actually read a few threads. :puffy:
Cos, it looks like a member or two here are going to liven things up.
They ought to concern themselves with becoming Pedo-Free at their parks... but if they got rid of the Pedos, who then would be left to operate the rides and concession stands? - Sherm Natman
OK so that's a direct quote from your post. ..."but if they got rid of those Pedos. who then would be left to operate the rides and concession stands."
Despite your vigorous self defense and accusations of grammatical ignorance and atrocity toward r, the post is what it is. And while your phraseology may not have represented an accurate depiction of your intended thought, and perhaps been an unfortunate effort, it's not for others to put on turbans and read your mind to conjure up what you intended to convey, rather than what you did convey which is, "...if they got rid of the Pedos, who then would be left to operate the rides and concession stands". This is not vague. "...if they got rid of the Pedos, who then would be left to operate the rides and concession stands." Seems pretty clear.
Anyway, I'm off to help screw up Gotham City.

It would be extremely refreshing if in the practice of one's amateur Social Justice Warrior hobby, as much care and attention was vigorously applied to reading comprehension and rightly applying subject indicators within a sentence, as is put into composing posts announcing imagined and self-inflicted offense on behalf on non-existent victims of a self-invented injustice.

I try to stay out of when things go stupid, but... Sherm, that is about the stupidest thing ever said on here, when taking into context that any breathing human that read your other post sees it as you calling Disney employees all pedophiles. Ha ha, it's like layers and layers of wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.