PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Digging around in my closet yesterday, I found a mason jar that I remembered putting away in there about four years ago. No label--stupid mistake, but I'm pretty sure it's GLP Blackpoint from former smoking days. Loaded up a pipe, and man, was it good! Getting near the end of the bowl it starting kicking hard. What a flavor, but my stomach paid the price. I'll go back to it another time, better prepared and knowing what to expect, and on a full stomach.
Anybody else find a long lost mystery jar?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I had to clean out my parents' house last year and found an unopened tin of Macbaren's Mixture from about 1977. It took a little bit of work to get the tin open and it was as fresh as new but extremely well aged. What a treat smoking this "aged" blend is. Enjoy your new discovery. It's always cool to find lost treasures.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I did the same thing with a big jar of flake. Couldn't figure out what it was until a friend sampled it. We came to the conclusion it was Balkan Flake, probably around 10 years old or so.
That is good to know about the Blackpoint. I've got two foiled bags that are puffed up like pillows from Oct 2003.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I am too OCD to have things like that happen, but occasionally I do run across something I neglected to log, such as a pouch of Princes Street that was about a year old. No comparison to 7 year old Blackpoint, but it was a nice surprise, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.