PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
TX
I didn't know. I pray that God holds, strengthens, and protects your family. We had a scare with my daughter after her birth (a subarachnoid hemorrhage that caused seizures). Good to hear that you are all at home.

Reactions: SBC

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
That's great news. It is the toughest thing in the world dealing with illness to your child. But in addition to your newborn, you need to take care of yourself.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
My son was born at 26 weeks. Water broke. Doctors said he’ll be born and die. He was less than 2lbs. My wedding ring for over his entire hand. He’d spent 47 days on a ventilator because his lungs weren’t formed and he’d suffered three pneumothorax, one in my presence.

All of this back in the ‘80’s when medical technology isn’t what it is today. Human pin cushion from all of the needle sticks for hourly blood gas evaluation to adjust the vent.

A lifetime of suffering and surgeries.

As intelligent as you and I but trapped in a broken vessel. Spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy and requires100 percent care for life. He’s He’s my hero. Still in the fight.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
My son was born at 26 weeks. Water broke. Doctors said he’ll be born and die. He was less than 2lbs. My wedding ring for over his entire hand. He’d spent 47 days on a ventilator because his lungs weren’t formed and he’d suffered three pneumothorax, one in my presence.

All of this back in the ‘80’s when medical technology isn’t what it is today. Human pin cushion from all of the needle sticks for hourly blood gas evaluation to adjust the vent.

A lifetime of suffering and surgeries.

As intelligent as you and I but trapped in a broken vessel. Spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy and requires100 percent care for life. He’s He’s my hero. Still in the fight.
Grangerous,

My heart both breaks and rejoices to hear this. I just prayed for him and you all, and will continue to whenever I see your handle.
If you ever have a more specific prayer request, please don't hesitate to PM.

Broken vessels that hold this treasure, yes, but Behold, He makes all things new.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounds like he's made it through the worst of it. Glad to hear all is well for him and your family.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Awesome glad to hear! I remember when we finally got to take our little guy home from the NICU on New Years 8 years ago, it was a wonderful time but also nerve wracking the first couple nights watching him sleep and not sleeping. I hope and pray that you will both be healthy and happy this year and for years yet to come.

• Love

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Fantastic news! No matter how grateful you feel for the awesome care you receive in the hospital, it’s always good to get back home. Wishing you and your family all the best.