PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have tried both and in my opinion they are not. The same with white knight. The taste and properties of BH and WK is much better , again IMO.
Not a matter of opinion. All confirmed by Jiminks and Russ over the years. The only difference is the bulk has more exposure to air. Many of Sutliff's bulk blends are tinned under different names. Queen Anne's revenge is Barbados Plantation, Creme Brulee us Molto Dolce, etc.

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
Maybe now. The tins i have are from the first years. The BH tins are the Mclelland type. The WK are from the first batch. From that time , there is a difference. Certainly , most of the tobaccos i smoke are rather old. Maybe is the time they have been on the tin. The bulks , i tried them fresh and i found them to be different. It does not mind since i rarely buy tobacco. I guess i have enough for the rest of my life.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I’ll probably try smoking a couple more bowls of this stuff to see if it grows on me, if not I’ll set it aside until I get to 100 posts and can trade tobaccos on here.
400 posts and 4 months. Unless trading is different than selling. Which it could be but I’m too lazy to read the rules, honest but lazy. ?

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Both of those and White Knight are the exact same blend. Sutliff has always manufactured it for them.
You’re probably right. I have been wrong at least once in my life…I think I wrote it down on the calendar.lol I thought I had heard/read that the B.S. and B.S. 759 matches was blended at pipes and cigars when I started buying them in 2013ish then switched to Sutliff some time after that. I thought Russ O. Had stated that, but I guess not. Thanks for setting that straight. Seriously!

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
You’re probably right. I have been wrong at least once in my life…I think I wrote it down on the calendar.lol I thought I had heard/read that the B.S. and B.S. 759 matches was blended at pipes and cigars when I started buying them in 2013ish then switched to Sutliff some time after that. I thought Russ O. Had stated that, but I guess not. Thanks for setting that straight. Seriously!
Yeah, Russ created the recipes but they're manufactured and tinned/bagged by Sutliff.

img_20170620_120507.jpg