PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
Yes.

The external shape won't make much of a difference, that's almost entirely a matter of aesthetics. What you want to do is try the different inner bowl shapes, look for chamber width and depth.
The Savinelli 320 is a common example of something people like to get when they're looking for out of the ordinary pipes.
Damn near bought that one unfinished but went with my " lumberman" or whichever. Probably will grab that 320 this weekend, thanks, D.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. Sounds like you've had a great start. My first briar was an unfinished Savinelli Lumberman, and it's my probably my favorite pipe to smoke, but the bowl is really large.

Sounds like you enjoy some of the darker, stouter flakes. So do I. If you like ODF, I really recommend it's brother blend, Bold Kentucky, which has a bit more dark-fired Kentucky, and a bit less flavoring. If you haven't had any of the strong Gawith, Hogarth & Co. blends, they're also worth a try when in stock. I'm particularly partial to Dark Flake Unscented.

Reactions: Dirty D

Dirty D

Lurker
Nov 19, 2019
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. Sounds like you've had a great start. My first briar was an unfinished Savinelli Lumberman, and it's my probably my favorite pipe to smoke, but the bowl is really large.

Sounds like you enjoy some of the darker, stouter flakes. So do I. If you like ODF, I really recommend it's brother blend, Bold Kentucky, which has a bit more dark-fired Kentucky, and a bit less flavoring. If you haven't had any of the strong Gawith, Hogarth & Co. blends, they're also worth a try when in stock. I'm particularly partial to Dark Flake Unscented.
Awesome, will try. Been looking at bold Kentucky also, will look at Dark flake unscented as well. Thanks, D.

Status
Not open for further replies.