PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
When I am not smoking my pipe I like to dip some Copenhagen or Grizzly.

Are there any others here who enjoy a good dip :?:

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I used to do that in high school, since it was almost impossible to get caught if you kept in the right place, but now since I've graduated I've given up.

~Ron

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Dipping and chewing are only form of tobacco that did NOT get me. I experimented in my teens, but never really saw the need to continue... too messy, I suppose.

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Yep, from the time I wake till the time I go to bed, unless Smoking a cigar or pipe or eating, got a dip in mouth.

Good old Grizzly Long cut Wintergreen
Tom

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I just tried it over the weekend... Not for me. Gives me a nic. buzz that I don't like.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
When I was in high school I was never without Kodiak or Skoal Long Cut Wintergreen. Did the Copenhagen thing for a short while since growing up in Texas I had a lot of cowboy friends who practically slept with the stuff in their lip. I also enjoyed Lancaster chew as well as some of the good flavored chews from the Fred Stoker and Sons catalog.
I love a good dip or chew but I gave it up a long time ago. The stuff wrecked my gums something awful and my wife is completely disgusted by it. Everynow and then when I'm in line at the a corner store and see all those cans behind the counter that craving kicks in but I haven't given in and don't plan to.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Dipped for years when in the Army, and still do occasionally now when out hunting. My choice was the Copenhagen long cut.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Haven't had any long cut in a while, however when I was cutting some medallions of sweet rum twist yesterday, I couldn't help but to cut off a hunk and chew it. :mrgreen:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
When I was playing lacrosse I loved my Copenhagen!!! After college, when I stopped playing lacrosse, I also stopped dipping. Personally, I like the pipe much more!

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Over the years I've did it all dipped Copenhagen,Hawken ect. chewed scrap leaf, plug, bolls,Redman and the such.

These days just my pipe 2/3 cigars a week, and in smokeless situations this:

http://www.lilbrown.com/p-9356-oliver-twist-wintergreen-singl.aspx
Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Apparently some EU ruling means that all oral tobacco products are illegal in Ireland. This is a real head-scratcher considering the level of concern here about second-hand smoke. I don't take a laissez-faire attitude to tobacco control but the inherent lack of logic behind so much of it irritates me.
Oh well, just thought I'd chip in! Could never see myself dipping or chewing on a long-term basis but I'd be curious to try it.

terry

Oct 7, 2011
I have been dip free now for 2 months. I use smokey mountain herbal dip for easing with the habit of having something in my mouth. pipe tobacco tastes better now.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Roth: With all due respect, I find dipping/chewing completely disgusting.
I can appreciate that, my friend. However, it's somewhat of a cultural thing. Hard to move hay bales around or milk cows with a lit pipe. :)

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
What's the difference between dip and chew?
Also, if I smoke cigarettes, they're normally roll-your-owns w/ pipe baccy in there! I know some say that's no good, but if I have a half tin of a virginia blend that I'm not finishing anytime soon, I like to roll a few up and toss them in a cigario tin for my car. So--could pipe baccy work for dip/chew?

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I've been dipping Skoal Straight for years. I haven't had to spit for years either. But, you can never tell when I'm dipping because I put a dip in and mash it down. When I have to work at a tobacco free plant know one can tell and I dip all day long.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I don't dip anywhere near as much as I used to, but I still like Copenhagen snuff. Black is pretty good, too. Trick is not to mess with it, then you don't need to spit and carry around a nasty spit cup. I liked snus, but it gave me bad gastritis from overuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.