PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve recently discovered a perplexing and admitted first world problem that has me at a loss.

How am I supposed to relight my pipe while drinking my coffee and surfing the forum???

I can’t just set down the coffee and I’m reluctant to let go of my iPhone.

This has me standing here with an unlit pipe wanting to take a drink of coffee but ... no free hand to remove the pipe from my mouth either.

Who knew life as a pipe smoker was going to be so challenging in the 21st century. ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I’ve recently discovered a perplexing and admitted first world problem that has me at a loss.

How am I supposed to relight my pipe while drinking my coffee and surfing the forum???

This has me standing here with an unlit pipe wanting to take a drink of coffee but ... no free hand to remove the pipe from my mouth either.

Who knew life as a pipe smoker was going to be so challenging in the 21st century. ?
Lighter app.

lighter_kwq5lyqh.gif

Oct 7, 2016

What are relights?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Well, there was a resolution: the coffee got drank and since I had to set the cup down to pick up the coffee pot for a refill anyway I relit the damn pipe.

Whew, that was a bad moment there for a while. Let this serve as a warning to you all not to let the pipe go out! Thank god I didn’t have the bigger coffee mug or it could have been really bad.

I guess if I weren’t so addicted to this damn forum the problem would not have arisen, but ... FOMO! What if there had been a really really interesting post that needed my immediate attention?! An update from didimauw on his Meer, or BROBS getting up to his shenanigans, or ... any number of important issues?!

I certainly won’t let that happen again. Pipe currently smoldering nicely, coffee mug is brimming with fresh Joe and I’m on watch over the forums, you know, just in case.

It was a near thing though. I feel like a survivor now, that’s for sure.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I need a damn serving wench to refill my coffee mug, relight my pipe, feed me peeled grapes, whatever.

I broached the subject with my wife - the stitches get pulled out next week. Think I’ll let that subject alone for the time being.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9