PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Some packages end up at your doorstep at lightspeed and some at the speed of AOL dial-up Y2K style.

I made a purchase from SP on 5/22 with a pipe and 5oz of bulk sample tobaccos and a pipe roll. Still has yet to arrive to my address here in South Korea.

Made an additional purchase 5/29 with just a pipe and it showed up 4 days ago.

What gives......

Reactions: Pipelady20

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Some packages end up at your doorstep at lightspeed and some at the speed of AOL dial-up Y2K style.

I made a purchase from SP on 5/22 with a pipe and 5oz of bulk sample tobaccos and a pipe roll. Still has yet to arrive to my address here in South Korea.

What gives......
My wife works for the postal service and she says her best guess is the order with tobacco has a longer process with customs. Being as tobacco is a taxed commodity ???

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I can import up to 10oz without a tax. Only ordered 5 oz this time. Never had a problem before. Been stuck at Miami International since May 24th, at least that's what the tracking says. Shouldn't take this long considering I paid for the faster option this time. Usually I get the cheapest option with no tracking and it never took this long.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan

What gives......

I used to live in South Korea, may I ask the city?

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
covid 19 has stopped most aircraft flights hence a lot of post is now going via ships.
I read that several container oads had been sent to the far east and would take several weeks to arrive

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I can import up to 10oz without a tax. Only ordered 5 oz this time. Never had a problem before. Been stuck at Miami International since May 24th, at least that's what the tracking says. Shouldn't take this long considering I paid for the faster option this time. Usually I get the cheapest option with no tracking and it never took this long.
Did the shipment ever show?