PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
Does anyone know if Doug is still around? He made 3 pipes for me and they are some of the best smokers I have.
I'm also on the forum Jim mentioned and could have sworn I'd seen somewhere that Doug was done making pipes. I managed to dig through some posts and found this quote from him "When I hung up my tools I really wanted someone to fill the need" in reference to another carver/cob modder named Michael Morgason. My read of that suggests Doug is out of the business, but I couldn't say with certainty. I've never had a pipe from Doug but I can vouch for Michael doing great work and being an all around nice guy. I don't know if we're not supposed to name other forums here so you can PM me for details, but I think it's safe to say that Michael goes by morgason2 on Instagram.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

johnnyflake

Lurker
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
About 5 or 6 years ago I was gifted a DGE Custom Cob by a friend. See photos. It's a beauty and as a result I have not been able to bring myself to fire it up!

Does anyone have one of the DGE Pipes? I would love to hear about your thoughts about it and how it smokes.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 8

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
About 5 or 6 years ago I was gifted a DGE Custom Cob by a friend. See photos. It's a beauty and as a result I have not been able to bring myself to fire it up!

Does anyone have one of the DGE Pipes? I would love to hear about your thoughts about it and how it smokes.
Doug died and he definitely would've wanted a pipe that he created to be smoked. I think he had cobs that were 30 or 40 years old and they looked glorious and apparently smoked just as well.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
And he doesn't make them anymore so go elsewhere??? And the other guy vouched for somebody else...you didn't get at his ass.
Doug and Mike were friends, ergo the relevant connection in the thread, ergo why I didn’t “get at his ass”.
Don’t led reading comprehension stop you from posting anything anywhere you want.

Reactions: hoipolloiglasgow