PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
As I have mentioned before I have had dental problems to deal with. Three teeth with broken roots removed and the Surgeon and Periodontist recommended I get my teeth straightened before they would do two implants. I have now had the bone grafts done and all have taken, are perfect and I had the braces put on yesterday. And yes my teeth are sore right now so my smoking has stopped. Has anyone every smoked a pipe here who had braces.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife, who has had her share of dental problems, jokes that after a certain age it is fiscally irresponsible to have teeth. Seriously, it sounds like you are on your way to a better place with your dental situation, and I wish you all the best. When you are healing from procedures, I would guess it is best not to smoke at all, since nicotine is known to constrict the capillaries needed in healing. After that, moderation, whatever you can manage, is probably best.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Hang in there. Everyone I know who had dental implants said the entire process is pretty hellish, but they also say the end results are excellent. Never wore braces myself, but I suspect you'll get used to them pretty quickly and be able to adjust. Hope you feel better.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Not braces, but I can empathize to a degree. I had to give up pipe/cigar smoking for several weeks to get an implant done. Luckily it was summer so I only missed a couple months of sticks.

Dental work sure can put a dent in the wallet, Gnomesayin?

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.