Dennis' Charatan - All's Well That Ends Well Thank Goodness!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Dennis' Charatan - All's Well That Ends Well Thank Goodness!!!
From Dennis:
My dear friends,
Well, this is a first and I am a bit embarrassed about raising an alarm now, but I did not know the following. This is the strangest things to ever happen to me with pipes.
I received a box in the mail today with a POB return address. I opened it and to my utter astonishment, there was the pipe that I thought was stolen. There was a note that said that this person had picked up the pipe to further examine it and to show it to a friend. He got into some conversations and laid the pipe on his table and then forgot about it. He discovered it when he packed up but saw that I had already left the show. He said that he was too embarrassed to tell anyone but his friend so on Monday, 3/14 he packed up the pipe and mailed it to me. I just received it today, Thursday, 3/17. He said in an enclosed note that he wants to remain anonymous to “forgo humiliation and ridicule from others for being an idiot”, his words. I was in such a hurry to catch my plane that I scooped up my pipes and descriptor cards and did not notice the pipe was missing until I got home. You can imagine how stupid I feel about not being fore careful when I pack up my pipes.
I apologize for the inconvenience I put my dear pipe smoking friends to on this matter but if the pipe was truly stolen, I wanted to make it risky for anyone to dispose of the pipe. I want to thank my pipe friends for any effort exerted in my behalf. I have been touched by the support I received from my fellow briar friars. They are a cadre of truly honorable men and women.
Dennis
Dennis Congos

120 Beech Street

Oviedo, FL 32765

407-359-4317

dcongos@mail.ucf.edu

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Kudos to both you, and the anonymous. Inadvertent stuff happens. Glad this ended well.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Yeah, boy. I'm with Anthony.
There's larceny everywhere and pipe shows are not immune. But, I'm so glad this ended well for Dennis, and that the alleged perp merely had a red faced, senior moment with the integrity to own up.
Fnord

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
You guys are overlooking the possibility that the thief is actually a James Bond Villain class baddie, and highjacked Dennis's accounts across the Net to put everyone off his trail while he escapes to his secret island fortress in a convertible jet plane/submarine.
Much more likely than an end-of-show packing mix-up if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.