PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Heading up to Lancaster, PA tomorrow for the weekend and want to visit the Demuth's Tobacco Shop, which is the oldest tobacco shop in the US. Have any of you been? Despite the shop mainly being a museum, I see that they do sell pipes and tobaccos, but my question is can you smoke inside? Any help would be appreciated.
-Scott

cwp79

Lurker
Mar 21, 2012
Scott,

Were they open? I live in Lancaster and the last two times I stopped there was a sign in the door that said "temporarily closed". I wasn't sure if they went out of business or just hit it at a bad time.

Craig

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I had heard that the owner died, and the store had been put up for sale by the surviving family members who didn't want to run it. They supposedly had a buyer, but it fell through, and the store still sits closed, and fully stocked. (This info is from a friend in the area since I have no first hand knowledge of the shop.)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That is sad. All that stock and no one to sell it. Makes me wish I had won the lotto this week. I'd open a tobacco shop. Granted, I'd go out of business either by the guv'ment's grubby hands or my own from smoking all the stock...
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.