PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just got off the phone with a buddy of 25 years. Apparently he and his spouse have called it quits. Her parting comment i guess was "I want a real man". Now maybe its just in Nova Scotia, but this is not the first time i have heard this term used over the years by separating couples. My definition of Real Man would be one that would take care of his family, seein that they would want for nothing and always being there when needed, as he has been over the years. I really dont believe i am far off on this definition. Ladies, your take on this would also be most interesting.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
what or who you don't know it's "real" and what or who you know isn't real enough.I guess that's simply an excuse to change ot thinking to change the life.Life can't be changed if before you don't change yourself

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd venture to say it's mostly just a button to push to hurt the guy and make him feel bad in an attempt to inpart the same negative feelings the female has experienced.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Real men are confident in all that they do and responsible for thier actions . We climb great mountains and explore the world and make it ours .One piece at a time . If only in our dreams .YMMV 8)

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
John Wayne....
Just kidding hope your friend finds someone who cares for who he "is".

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
hard to say on the specific case.
I do know that when I got divorced from my first wife, an old family friend said to me soon after:
"Son, let me be the first to tell you that your ex will soon meet a guy who is better in bed, has a bigger d**k, treats her better, spends more quality time with her, etc. And you will soon be hearing as much from her friends." And he was right.
And, when I started dating around, and eventually got married again, I heard much of the same refrain from various women I dated, made love to, etc. towards their ex-lovers/husbands, only this time I was the one in favorable review.
I do know that, as a general rule, women despise what they say they want in a man and crave what they say they do not. I am not speaking of abusive drunks and the like. Only those characteristic traits of independence, leadership, not putting up for petty bullshit, and a mind of his own are not things that women typically put as desireables in their "singles ads", but when they find such a man they are intrigued and attracted in spite of themselves.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
^agreed^
Although it is hard to explain women in general are attracted to confidence. They might say they like the quiet sensitive type, but in the sack they want confidence.... YYMV and no offense to anyone just offering an opinion.

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
As a second though please remove the above comment, although I stand behind it, mixed company is no place to discuss sexual manners. My apologies to all.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Firt off as a good friend told me once, " all bitches are crazy" now be offended if you like but your friend needs to find some one who's craziness compliments his. My advice is bow out with as much dignity as he can. Then find a brand new girl friend. :wink:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
That's hard to describe, but here are a few shining examples:
Clark Kent

Santa Claus

Sherlock Holmes

Merlin

Data (from the Enterprise)
...no, wait a minute. I guess it's time for me to "get real".

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
When folks break up it is pretty usual that they each blame the other.It's pretty easy then to decide that things should be said and done to hurt the other because they deserve it.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Define the term "Real Man"
The guy that tends the tackle on deep sea fishing charters.
Seriously: (I'd say)

A man that puts his family's welfare before his own.

Is honest, forthright, non-judgmental, and fair with whomever he interacts.

Is true to his friends.

Smokes a pipe.

:puffy:

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ

Is true to his friends.

Smokes a pipe.

+1

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ

Is true to his friends.

Smokes a pipe.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.