PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'll admit, I'm not a smoker. I've enjoyed cigars since I was 16 or so (I'm 44 now) and had a pipe for a few years but I've never been a regular smoker.
It's been a long few weeks at work and I'm working through the weekend. Lots of stress.
I've always known smoking something better as a way of relaxing. Tonight was my first bowl of SPC PP SR and it is taking relaxation to a whole new level. I'm not sure there's a wrong way to smoke this. I just shaved a bit off the cake, rubbed it out a bit and stuffed my pipe. A Dunhill smooth Chestnut 5313 with a Cumberland stem. Sure I have a glass of Guinness foreign extra stout to go with it but this blend needs nothing to go with it.
Tangy, fruity, a bit smokey, and oh so slightly sweet. It likes a gentle pace but doesn't have any issues with a slightly overdone puff. No relights or even tamping for some time. Relaxation on a whole new level. No muss no fuss.
This isn't a review, just a bit of commentary. I hope everyone gets a chance to unwind and decompress like this, wether it be with this blend or another. So I end with paraphrasing the imortal Red Green, "on behalf of myself, we're all in this together, keep your stick on the ice".
Salud!
img_20181116_224348545-600x450.jpg

PS:. Imma need a few more tins of this stuff.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
At 44 myself, I'm a regular smoker, but I understand the unwinding with a pipe. Were it not for that, many coworkers would be having boots surgically removed from their behinds.

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
I've fantasised that I end up as a guest on the radio show for some reason (can't imagine what that would be, but whatever) and my answer for the fast five final question "when it's time to relax..." would be "smoke a pipe and stare at the wall". No screens, no books, no music. Just intentional breathing and tasting, occasional tamping.
It's an experience that is in every way different from the rest of my daily activities, and is an excellent de-stresser for me. Even though I try not to dwell on any particular issue, it's when I come up with some of my best solutions for whatever is spinning around in the back of my mind at any given moment.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
shanez, I think your ritual is important. Most of us dutifully march through what needs to be done, and many things we enjoy doing, and stay pretty much outside ourselves while we interact with the world. To finally sit down (or stand up, or whatever) and reconvene as ourselves with our own thoughts is extremely important. It takes some doing, and your photo pictures one good way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.