PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
This is the first pipe I purchased from Davorin a few years ago. Love the way it smokes. I have it strictly dedicated to Black House and its a match made in heaven...

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
That pipe is killer! Definitely have a morta on my PAD list this year, but haven't heard of this carver before.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
That is a thing of beauty, Blazze. Nate King has made a Morta to die for and I want one! That and a little Former rusticated. Jealous!

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
I definitely enjoy the difference from briar. The pipe gets a tad hot when first breaking it in but cools down very fast.. The smoke has always been cool and dry. I liked it enough to buy another for my Virginias/Vapers

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
That's a beautiful morta! I hope to own one myself someday. I came really close to buying one last year, but I just didn't have the funds at the time.

Black House sounds like a great choice for that pipe, as I've heard that mortas do very well with English and Balkan blends.

By the way, do you happen to know the age of the wood on that one?

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
According to the certificate he provided me with the pipe. It was made from a piece of morta dated at approximately 5100 years old. It's "neat" just imagining what was going on at that place and time.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Clicking on this thread again by accident, I am compelled to say
WOW what a pipe once again
5100 years old!!! Thats like the time of Moses I think. Definitely pre King David. Its almost as old as dirt.

blazze

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
He makes briars as well. I'll post one up in a moment that I purchased right after that morta.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/davorin-briar-pipe

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have several and all great smokers, can’t go wrong if it will be your only Morta or just the beginnings of a new chapter in your pipe smoking, regards.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
i do admire the melding of color and particularly the elegant use of the white stem, which can be difficult to harmonize with a pipe. That jaunty angle of the brim and the nifty work on the shank and stem are also notable. The use of morta really makes it a special cooker. The photo is superb.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Never smoked black frigate, not do I believe I ever will, don't care to. But I believe a pipe like that would look great next to a tin of it! Looks almost piratey.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That's good to know, banjo. I'm seriously considering one. I don't own a morta pipe and his carving looks great. I really like his style.
Didimauw, I'm about to have a nice big box full of BF on the way, so I'll happily take a picture to show it laying amongst all the bounty!

Status
Not open for further replies.