PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
From my experience with tobacco, the word Royal lives in infamy. I have never tried a "Royal" blend and was satisfied, except for Royal Yacht of course. So, I was quite conservative while trying this out. It was under a scrutinizing test. And it delivered, hugely. Starting with the elegant, minimal tin art and description. When opening, you're welcomed by a lovely, strong, demanding aroma of orientals. The tobacco itself looks beautiful.. Fine ribbons of golden and green Virginias, dark orientals and perfect black Latakia. The cut is great.. Mostly long ribbons and shorter ones. Which makes packing it a breeze.. The tin is a bit on the moist side, but absolutely smokeable. Lighting it takes a few tries - probably because of the moisture - but when it lights, it stays lit and burns quite well. Star of the show here are the orientals. Smokey, spicy and rich. They have a prominent taste, aroma and leave an after taste. This is supported by a dark, earthy Virginia and a hint of smokiness from the Latakia, though it's most of a background tone. I asked non smokers and most think its aroma is tolerable, but not "Good".. It's mostly a nice all day smoke. Nothing special or unique.. But one of the best Balkans I have tried
Pipe Used: Peterson System Ebony XL315
Age When Smoked: 2 years old
Purchased From: Dubai Duty Free
Similar Blends: Dunhill - Standard Mixture

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Only Davidoff I've tried is the Medallians which is a terrific blend. I'll try this one eventually. Good review!

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Thanks, Nate... Davidoff has a really good line.. Tried Flake medallions and its one of my favourites.. This one is super delicious.. And I like the Scottich, Danish mixtures..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good review. Now, I have to get this joke off my chest. No one two years old should be smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.