PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
What is the general opinion on Davidoff pipes? I have three and like them very much. In fact I almost like them better than my Dunhills. The mouthpiece seems to fit me better. They're no cheapos but they are well made and look very nice. Their English mixture is one of my favorite tobaccos even if I normally like more Latakia in my blend. It's very well balanced. The Perique seems to be in homeopathic doses in there though. Any thoughts?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I very much enjoy Royalty blend as well as the Flake Medallions. I have no experience with the pipes but Davidoff doesn't generally put the brand name on crap. You can say they charge too much but the product has always been quality in my experience.
Mike S.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I very much enjoy Royalty blend as well as the Flake Medallions. I have no experience with the pipes but Davidoff doesn't generally put the brand name on crap. You can say they charge too much but the product has always been quality in my experience.
Mike S.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I have one Davidoff pipe. It is a quality smoker. They can be a great value on the estate market but rather pricey new. I am not a fan of acrylic stems, but like Castello, that do a good job with them. The company limits sales by restricting themselves to the high end niche - too bad.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's been my experience that "most" pipe smokers are not fans of Davidoff. However, I am. I own three Davidoff Billiards as well as various accessories including cig case, lighter jacket, tobaccos, and a humidor. Everything they do they do with class IMO. I like their pipe tobacco, but do NOT like their cigars. I find their pipes to be very comfy smokers and seriously love their stem shape. I do find their pipes to be overpriced when new, but bottom line is if you've got the cash they're great pipes. I bought mine on the secondary market, three lg billiards for around $100 which makes me love them all the more.

thomasmartin

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2015
Unesco world heritage
Reviews on D tobaccos are in general not too good. Their English Mixture gets much critics mainly because the name is misleading. It's true that it isn't a blend that merits this classification which is one of the reasons I like it. I'm a Latakia fan but sometimes it's nice to have a less Latakia heavy smoke.

zenistar

Lurker
May 17, 2015
Switzerland
I have a Davidoff 411 and it is one of my favourite pipes, nice smoker and super comfortable to clench.
Strangely i have not tried their tobaccos, even though they are readily available here (as most of our B&M are actually Davidoff shops).

Status
Not open for further replies.