K

klause

rhodesiansandblasted7-1024x683.jpg

rhodesiansandblasted6-1024x683.jpg

rhodesiansandblasted4-1024x683.jpg

rhodesiansandblasted2-1024x683.jpg

rhodesiansandblasted9.jpg

rhodesiansandblasted8.jpg

I've had this pipe in my hands since last Thursday.
When it arrived and I finally held it words failed me....I was utterly speechless.
This pipe is just so beautiful, so perfect......light, so light.....the grain!!!!!!!!....... The blast, sweet lord, the blast.......and, that stem and button......art.....
The old cliche, but, the photos do not, and I really mean this, do not, do it justice. And, his photos are pretty bloody good.
I've been just sittin, holding, turning it, looking, looking, looking..........utterly wonderful.
I cannot even begin to describe the joy smoking this pipe has brought me - I have smoked nothing else since acquiring it - taking every opportunity to disappear out to the greenhouse, happily sitting in the cold for hours on end.
THIS is a pipe for life, for every occasion; this is a lover, a soul mate, where separation is an agony, and contact is comfort......this I want to carry in my pocket everywhere.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Looks like a big acorn with a twig growing out the side!

(sorry, I failed Rorschach) :mrgreen:

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
Oh man!!! That is so awesome...what a work of art. Great blast, great color, great shaping and beautiful stem. WOW

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
That is a real humdinger. Surely one to treasure, but Klaus I thought you are an old pipe guy (meaning one who likes old pipes). :lol:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only thing better than that blast finish is your joy in it. Magnificent pipe that found the owner to fully appreciate it, marriage made in heaven.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Congrats on that one Klause!!............ What a pipe. I think I've come back to this post about 6-7 times to have another look!..... Thanks for sharing it with us.

I can see how this one would be a life long friend and soulmate............ Perfection all 'round. Enjoy that one!!... :puffy:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
THIS is a pipe for life, for every occasion; this is a lover, a soul mate, where separation is an agony, and contact is comfort......this I want to carry in my pocket everywhere.
SO! Tell us how you really feel! Just kiddin, man, what a beautiful pipe. May she smoke like heaven for you for ages...

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a real beauty for sure....all of it!!

Stuff some tobacco into that bad boy pronto!! :puffy:

K

klause

Gentlemen, thanks for the comments.
Some stats:
Length - 133 mm

Height - 35 mm

Bowl diameter - 49 mm max.

Chamber diameter - 19 mm

Chamber depth - 33 mm

Stem material - Handmade cumberland

Weight - 37 grams

Airway - 4,1 mm

Stem thickness - 3,8 mm

Stem width - 17 mm

Passes a cleaner? Oh! Yes!
Elpfeife, yep! I am, usually, but sometimes the Siren calls and I gladly hurl myself on the rocks - I think this is only the 4th or 5th new pipe in 30 yrs or so. I'm still entranced by the old, soulful pipes - in the last couple of weeks I was weak and picked up some more:
- F&T Allbriar, Devil Anse style little lump of beauty

- Small 1913 Peterson army mount

- Randy Wiley panelled Dublin galleon

- Huge no-name bruyere garantie, that is bigger than a Peterson house pipe, and a foot long, 3 1/2 inch tall, massive lump of beauty

- Dunhill patent billiard (1944), with original flanged inner tube - a small, elegant, delicate, world weary piece of wonder

- some other stuff
But, and here's the rub, as wonderful as they all are (and they truly are), they seem trifles compared to David's magnificent creation. This pipe is, 'THE hat that fits, perfectly'; so much so, I've asked if he would make me one in morta.
One last thing - I am fortunate enough to have some lovely pipes, by some well respected makers, but none of them match up to David's attention to detail, specifically in relation to the button and slot - in fact, most makers seem to pay little attention to the button, and especially the slot, seemingly being an afterthought.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
David is definitely a Perfection Chaser. His stem work is especially noteworthy. Too bad more of his stuff doesn't make it to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.