PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Bro he didn't even write his songs or music, he was a mediocre actor at best, and he was a confirmed pedo. I don't want to speak ill of the dead here, but be at least somewhat objective in your adoration.
I'm not your bro freind and you are incredibly incorrect in many ways- can you sight-read music? I can, Bowie wrote his own music and not only that he DIRECTED it musically depending on the album - each with unique selected musicians to acheive the sound he wanted punkrock, motown soul, krautrock, new wave etc... His acting was exceptional - and NO he was absolutely NOT a pedophile. further I could care less about his sexual endeavors - I don't know about Beethoven's sex either. He was just as good as Frank Zappa - they were freinds and shared musicians like Adrian Belew etc...

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not your bro freind and you are incredibly incorrect in many ways- can you sight-read music? I can, Bowie wrote his own music and not only that he DIRECTED it musically depending on the album - each with unique selected musicians to acheive the sound he wanted punkrock, motown soul, krautrock, new wave etc... His acting was exceptional - and NO he was absolutely NOT a pedophile. further I could care less about his sexual endeavors - I don't know about Beethoven's sex either. He was just as good as Frank Zappa - they were freinds and shared musicians like Adrian Belew etc...
This is the truth. If you asked 100 pop music experts to rank the top 10 pop artists of the past 50 years, Bowie would be on every list. Not necessarily at the top, but in the conversation. Bowie was one of the greats, and the best evidence of that is that his music, especially the stuff from the 70s, sounds highly original even 45 years later.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta

Nah. He had a few good songs, but he was a pedo, a crap actor, and made a lot of terrible music. This video combines all three.

• Sad
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Status
Not open for further replies.