PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Having had a college roommate that ended up running the local music theater, and then went on to run the entertainment union for the state, I've had the opportunity to hang out with and be around a lot of famous people. Still today, he will call me up to see if I am interested in meeting David Leno or Steve Martin, or Spielberg is filming in town. He just runs in those circle... I just happen to be lucky.

But, most of the most famous musicians I've met, are people that are self centered and total dickheads to the people who make them what they are. I mean, more than just a little artistic ego, I mean... I wouldn't cry over their dead bodies sort of self-centered ego-ness. It really ruined fandom for me. I could never be a fan. I mean, I really like some artists work, but as far as crying over their dead bodies... not really.
I've been lucky only one of my heros I've met turned out to suck. Nice guy as in polite and considerate, it's the whole being a freaking nazi thing. The rest have been really great really nice and stuff and although not perfect not Nazis. And no I don't mean he was a little rough or bit not P.C., but full on.

Status
Not open for further replies.