PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I tried Picayune and it's not bad, I kinda like it. Want to try mixing some into carter hall.

Anyway, can anyone recommend any of the other bulk blends as being particular worth trying? I may just get than ounce of each but not sure. It looks like Jim rated them all at three stars so it's hard to judge.. they 'll sound good... not a big fan of the cut but it's growing on me..

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
I remember seeing one of their blends recommended as a potential substitute for Elizabethan once it's gone. I wish I remember which one. Perhaps the Acadian or saint James ramboche. Would almost have to be. I've yet to try any of their smokes but it's been a long time coming.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Eggrollpiper: Of the 43 D&R blends I reviewed at TR, I gave four stars to 10 of them, and 5 got either two or one star, so I didn't give them all three stars. If you like Picayune, you might like Cockstrong or Don Giovanni Sigaro. Since I don't know your preferences, it's hard to recommend blends, but I will say all the Rimboche blends are of high quality.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I should have said: all the blends I checked that also came in bulk had three stars.. I like Va., va/per, burley blends, to a slightly lesser degree English and balkan and to a much lesser degree aro. Cockstrong was my next move, mb ryback and Rimboche is not available in bulk but mb it's worth grabbing a tin, we shall see once the bills are paid... many come in a gold version or some other version that seem less reviewed.

And btw Sable, quite a few of their blends come in bulk and for a nice price too at P&C.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
We've (P&C) carried a number of D&R's tobaccos in bulk for quite some time.
Russ
Hi Russ, can you explain the difference between RO Acadian gold and D&R Acadian bright?

Status
Not open for further replies.