PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
I have an unsmoked Kaywoodie 22 (medium billiard) that I can't, for the life of me, remember when/where I bought it. Every time I think about smoking it, I feel guilty that there's probably a Kaywoodie collector somewhere who would cherish this thing I'm about to defile. :puffy: I'm thinking about listing it on eBay, but I have no idea what it's worth, when it's from, etc. Heck, maybe it doesn't have much value at all and I should just find someone to give it to as a gift.
Can anyone help?
fullsizerender-6-600x213.jpg

fullsizerender-5-600x529.jpg

fullsizerender-600x184.jpg

fullsizerender-2-600x248.jpg

fullsizerender-4-600x182.jpg

fullsizerender-3-479x600.jpg

Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
It's a 3-hole stinger, so it's not particularly old (1960s or later, I think), but it's an unsmoked Flame Grain, so probably worth $25-50. If it were older, it would be worth a bit more.

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
I was expecting the "it's worthless, send it to me" posts, so thanks gents. lol
@pitchfork, thanks for the help dating and the estimate. Definitely falls into giveaway territory.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
"but it's an unsmoked Flame Grain"
Inner rim and sanding marks are suspicious. Never bought an unsmoked Kaywoodie in the 60's or 70's so maybe that is the norm.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I've bought a few similar Unsmoked Kaywoodies in eBay. Fifty or so seems right. Never know, you could get a bidding war or, no interest. Pretty common shape but certainly a nice piece.

Mike S.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a handsome pipe, no way around it, even if its market value is a mere fifty bucks. It's modest value gives you an excuse to smoke it, so I'd go ahead, and try not to notice that it smokes as well as some of your most expensive pipes. I think this is a little higher grade, but I have a Drinkless Ruff Tone with the carved grooves on the bowl, essentially an author shape, with that same general screw-on stem stinger configuration, and despite the extra step of cleaning the stinger, it is a fine smoking pipe, and solid as a ship. I'm not sure I've ever seen stained and finished grain in the chamber of an unsmoked pipe before. I've certainly bought a few pipes with unfinished bowls before, which always seems like a plus to me, but distinct grain in the bowl? That's notable.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Back in the late '60s I bought a Flame Grain Hi-bole (H9) bent billiard for $9.99 at the corner drugstore. I smoked it on and off for over 30 yrs. and decided to sell it on eBay because it paled in comparison to my present pipe rotation. It brought in $97.00 You never know. :puffy:

budrichard

Lurker
Jul 9, 2015
Unsmoked Kaywoodie two digit Matched Grain.

Smooth chamber.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SOwhC

Richard

https://m.imgur.com/Q33ZMts

Status
Not open for further replies.