PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Does anyone here know a way to date these tins? I found some calculator that seems to have worked before in an old thread. But now it seems to be outdated, since it doesn't calculate with the new letters or something.

Thank you.

Reactions: JOHN72

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Is it coded A/B/C/D? Last 3 letters is day/month/year from 2000. So a tin in my format should be March 2nd 2004. This means they should stop producing after every 26th of every month, would be a possibility, but I'm not sure. Not that the day matters a lot, a month and year should have sufficed generally.

Reactions: JOHN72

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Is it the distributor that dates them or the manufacturer? I too am curious about some k&k tins in my stash.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
I have a tin of Robert McConnell Old London with the code A/AD/A/W, so it looks like they use two letters codes for the day, when appropriate. By the way, this should mean 14 january 2023 in my case, but I sense the orientals in the blend and I understand the mix is changed in the last years, so maybe the date is really from the distributor...

Reactions: Valliantpiper

Valliantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
Maryland
I have a tin of Robert McConnell Old London with the code A/AD/A/W, so it looks like they use two letters codes for the day, when appropriate. By the way, this should mean 14 january 2023 in my case, but I sense the orientals in the blend and I understand the mix is changed in the last years, so maybe the date is really from the distributor...
Thank you

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
El nuevo miembro @Davide Dogo (PIPA&BARBA) tiene una página útil en su sitio web para buscar latas de citas. En español pero bastante fácil de resolver.
Correcto compañero, incluso crea un gráfico alfanumérico para facilitar las citas, aparte de esto, hay varios otros artículos sobre citas con tabaco. Y para cualquier tipo de duda estoy a tu entera disposición. Por cierto, para poder ver la web en inglés, solo tienes que ir al final del todo y encontrarás un plugin para traducirlo a cualquier idioma.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-29-10-14-39-412-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-29-10-14-39-412-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123
Status
Not open for further replies.