PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I like to browse tobacco on SP while on lunch at work. Today, just for fun, I clicked on G&H and, holy shit, best brown#2 was in stock. I added it to the cart, and proceeded to add a few other things to get the most out of the shipping. By the time I went to check out, (2 mins after adding best brown) it was sold out ? Oh well better luck next time.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I almost tried for some G&H recently, but passed on it for exactly that reason. I don't want to chase the product. I want the blender to "make it" come to me. That's part of what I'm paying for. Maybe I'm sour grapes or crotchety, but I thought that was part of doing business. Now I think I'll go buy some toilet paper.
scarcity can really add some good flavors to a blend. I feel the same way, when there are plenty of great blends regularly available.

Reactions: BROBS

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I don't want to chase the product.

I agree. Different strokes, though; for some the chase is the thing.

I would like to try some of the English tobaccos we don’t see at the big online vendors, but I figure that I’ll wait until the cellaring demand tapers off in the next recession. Then they’ll be giving it away.

And if I miss out, so be it.

Reactions: BROBS