Danish Pipe Shop Tobacco Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
Hi all,

I’m in Copenhagen for the next couple of days, and figured I’d post a visit to this store to buy some tobacco that I can’t find easily in the states:
2B1771A4-5CF3-4975-84FE-3FE09D2DC74C.jpeg
I bought these two blends but was wondering if there are any house blends in the Virginia, vaper or light aromatic range that folks have tried and enjoyed:
45B06AB0-CDAA-413B-9B4A-88E0D6132657.jpeg
E13BD224-B5C8-4223-A7EF-C4154815ED00.jpeg
Thanks!
HV

Jun 23, 2019
There are a few blends that aren't available in the US, I think BS Flake is one of them.

Honestly, I'd probably go for the popular SG blends. Not that they are "better" than the more readily available brands but it's fun to try unobtainiums from time to time.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jpmcwjr

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
There are a few blends that aren't available in the US, I think BS Flake is one of them.

Honestly, I'd probably go for the popular SG blends. Not that they are "better" than the more readily available brands but it's fun to try unobtainiums from time to time.
They have st James Flake as well as others— they are about $30 US a ton though. Any particular SGs I should pick up?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 23, 2019
They have st James Flake as well as others— they are about $30 US a ton though. Any particular SGs I should pick up?

$30/tin is pretty steep, even for local B&M; but going by their website they have a pretty good selection of the popular blends.

BS Flake, Spring/Summer/Winter/Fall Flakes aren't available here. Balkan Flake, Best Brown, St James, Lakeland Dark are very popular and hard to snag online. Actually with the post-pandemic boom, I'd say all SG blends are pretty much a fight at release now online.

I'm gonna be super unhelpful and recommend them all. LOL - but St James, BS Flake, Best Brown, and Lakeland Dark are probably the most popular ones out of those.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Look up the My Own Blends on tobaccoreviews. They're the only outlet for them insofar as I'm aware.

They sell the only known remake of Garrick Mixture in existence. That and a few others are on my bucket list. You have several hard to find tobaccos at tour fingertips. I wouldn't waste baggage weight on things you can easily purchase from Estervals.

Reactions: badbriar