PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
To suggest that a company should not comply with laws and regulations rings hollow when you have no stake in the outcome or understanding of the possible consequences of non-compliance. .
I did not suggest that they not comply. In fact, if anything, I said the exact opposite.

Mar 1, 2014
"Everywhere is enlightened if your views happen to mirror those of the majority "Minority" in control."
It's pretty consistent in any election statistics I've seen that only around half the population is interested in directing government.

That being said, I'm sure the same is true in terms of media control. You have small groups of people bent on controlling larger groups and going to great lengths to interfere in the lives of others, on pretty much all sides of all spectrums this ends up being a negative thing.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The real culprit is not gov't's, which are only enactors being directed. This is the real train wrecker: WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
It's an organism full of unelected blackguards, accountable to no one, deciding on the tune governments must pipe and make the people dance to. It's not consistent yet accross the world board because some governments are facing challenges or delays in enacting it. But if you study the document and then study the patterns of things happening with tobacco regulation you'll see it's all there.
I just got a response from one of those MPs we, the population in a 'democracy', are s'posed to turn to for help against tyranical legislation:
"Thank you for writing to [MP] regarding cigars and pipe tobacco products and the Tobacco Products Regulations (Plain and Standardized Appearance).

The evidence of the long-term health risks associated with tobacco use is clear. Exposure to tobacco increases a person's risk of developing cancer or other life-threatening diseases. For this reason, we are proposing that the plain and standardized packaging measures apply to all tobacco products, including premium cigars and specialty tobacco. The World Health Organization has also adopted guidelines for the implementation of plain and standardized packaging which recommend that all tobacco products be covered by these measures." (Emphasis mine.)
Cat's long been out of the bag. The bosun's cat. What's the name of the bosun's cat?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
What's the name of the bosun's cat?
Scourge
423e360cc64c1366a1aef6848e452e1e.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
"The FCTC (Framework Convention oin Tobacco Contro), one of the most quickly ratified treaties in United Nations history,[5] is a supranational agreement that seeks "to protect present and future generations from the devastating health, social, environmental and economic consequences of tobacco consumption and exposure to tobacco smoke" by enacting a set of universal standards stating the dangers of tobacco and limiting its use in all forms worldwide.[1][6] To this end, the treaty's provisions include rules that govern the production, sale, distribution, advertisement, and taxation of tobacco. FCTC standards are, however, minimum requirements, and signatories are encouraged to be even more stringent in regulating tobacco than the treaty requires them to be.[6]"
I read this a few years ago and could see tobacco's doom by the interlocking strategies coordinated on a worldwide basis.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It takes up less room in the luggage.
Yes, but that one doesn't look nearly as motivating.
Remember, the FCTC specifically encouraged the use something more "stringent":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkgV3MFkr0

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
On the one hand all these "governmental" organizations are against anything the perceive as being bad for your health. While the other hand are the "governmental" organizations decrying the over-population of the world and supporting assisted suicide and abortions.
All of these organizations need is to just leave us alone.

mitch11

Lurker
Nov 18, 2018
well its been a slice. im leaving this forum. Maybe there’s one out there that doesnt’t rehash the same moral/political debates americans (mostly) love to dwell over 24/7? Seems hard to find.
Ill stick to my pipe and books from now on as an escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.