PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Danish Oval Shanked Billiard Estate - WhiteStar 710
9C9B8D2D-F02C-4C2D-90FC-8017AA394EF6.jpeg
Symmetrical Flame ? Grained Beauty. My 4th purchase from the boys at BlueRoom Briars.

WhiteStar are seconds to Georg Jenson.

Guys, I’m building a stunningly beautiful rotation of pipes - and I don’t want to tell you how much (how little) I’ve paid because it could make grown men cry.

Stay Away from that Blue Room! Leave more for ME!
2CAB11A3-42F7-4CFB-B9D2-CD559A68AADF.jpeg
CAB79B11-EF2D-42E5-BCCD-ACD73F224BD4.jpeg

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
A most handsome pipe. Terrific grain. That may be an oval shank, but it is the least oval I've seen, but is a distinguished design.
Thanks. I’m finding that I’ve become a fan of Denmark estates. Didn’t plan to go this direction. Started in on the Peterson’s and Savs. But these old pipes by Stanwell and Jensen and others along with their subdivisions are quite nice. Great smokers. Great lookers.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Danish Oval Shanked Billiard Estate - WhiteStar 710
View attachment 63513
Symmetrical Flame ? Grained Beauty. My 4th purchase from the boys at BlueRoom Briars.

WhiteStar are seconds to Georg Jenson.

Guys, I’m building a stunningly beautiful rotation of pipes - and I don’t want to tell you how much (how little) I’ve paid because it could make grown men cry.

Stay Away from that Blue Room! Leave more for ME!
View attachment 63514
View attachment 63515
How does it smoke? Have been intrigued by ova bowls for awhile but haven’t had one.

Reactions: BROBS

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I thought the rule of thumb is twice the height of the bowl. You can see that this pipe is less than 5 and a half inches. The shank is just longer than bowl height.

The pipe pictured above it is a typical, small, Classic Billiard. I think it’s a stretch to call this pipe a Canadian. Even the professional pipe men that listed it called it an Oval Billiard.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Clearly there's grey areas for everything and no real rules. People can call anything whatever they want really.
That’s true. You can say a dog has five legs if you call his tail a leg.

Looong shanks equate to what I’d call a Canadian. This is just another design spin aplied to a small Billiard.

The model is called a Bounty. A White Star 710 Bounty. Now I’ve got to research how the maker cateloged this model.

It never ends. ?