PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
crystal-skull-vodka.jpg

Just saw this for the first time on Jimmy Kimmel last night. this stuff looks pretty good. The bottle alone is marketing genius.
Heres the run down:

Crystal Head Vodka is a vodka manufactured by Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits Ltd in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Co-founded by actor Dan Akroyd, it is stated as quadruple-distilled, triple-filtered through charcoal and triple-filtered through Herkimer diamond crystals. The product is packaged in a rigid cardboard box, sold in a clear glass bottle in the shape of a human skull that has a wooden bottle closure. The vodka itself offers a smooth taste, with a little bit of licorice on the finish that tends to linger[1]. The vodka is currently sold in Canada and in the US, is priced slightly higher than Grey Goose (vodka).

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
i cant post the link to the youtube video for some reason but if you type "crystal head vodka" its the first video with akroyd.
so funny, nobody took him seriously. but i hear this is turning into one of the most popular vodkas in north america.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have seen that in one of my local liquor stores. I had debated on picking it up, but decided against it.
I had no idea that Dan Akroyd was involved with it.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Funny that you mention this, I just saw it a few days ago while I was at BevMo picking up some Maker's 46.
130961d7.jpg

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I actually work for the government liquor board that makes this product in Newfoundland. Crystal Head is very popular and retails in our province for just under $50, too. Not being a vodka drinker, I can't comment on its smoothness or taste. I won a bottle of this at work and exchanged it for a variety of beer! No matter what its merits, I would rather purchase 60 ounces of a less expensive brand - the slick bottle alone is not enough to convince me its worth double the price; I would only mix it anyway. Some people eat it up, though!
This is not Dan Aykroyd's first foray into the alcohol industries. He has a line of wines - if not a vineyard - coming out of Ontario. I've heard they are not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.