PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I had my sister in-law, a Brazilian native and airline pilot bring me back some that say hand made finest Brazil mata Fina Robusto dark wrapper. Did I make a good choice as a gift for a vet cigar smoker. I picked this brand because the tobac and wrapper are grown in Brazil. Know little about cigars.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
What's Damatta ? ...

In all seriousness I haven't heard of the brand, not that I'm am expert anyway but the only Brazilian cigar I've had was a Dona Flor with the same Mata Fina wrapper and it was great.
Unique flavor to it's own, other people have likened it to chocolate milk..
Anyway I imagine the taste would be fine, just as long as the construction is good it should be a nice change up of the usual cigar countries etc.

Will be off now to Google this brand.

Hopefully some more experienced members can chime in with a better answer.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Never Heard of Damatta and I have been smoking cigars for over 55 years. The only Brazilean cigars I have smoked have been from CAO which makes a line of Brazilean cigars. A google search found some info..

Damatta is one of the few national brands that has its own plantation of tobacco. The blend is composed of Mata Fina tobacco and Sumatra, with whole leaves rolled by hand. One of the highlights that reflects the unconditional care about quality is that the leaves are aged for about four years, which provides low rates of nicotine and ammonia, without altering the aroma and flavor of the cigar. The quality obtained reflects the emphasis that this line of cigars has achieved in various tastings, invariably reaching for the top spots.

The regular line of cigars Damatta consists of five gauges, three of which, Corona, Robusto and Churchill, are packed in boxes of solid cedar, with 25 cigars. The Robusto and Corona are also offered in versions with seven and three units for travel or gift. The line is available with clear covers (Sumatra) and dark (Mata Fina). The Damatta also features two special gauges: Corona Gorda, which is called Damatta Graduates, and Toscanini.
ars. A google search found some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.