PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
... earns him badass of the week. Or year.
A MOH recipient is never to be messed with. Especially in this instance.
Dakota Meyer ‏@Dakota_Meyer Dec 2

Wonder if any ISIS members want to drop by and join my book club @ScoutMedia
B35SzyFIQAA5sTH.jpg

Reading peoples' reactions to the photo is funny:
Jarhead

‏@LCplSwofford

@Dakota_Meyer motivates me. Now I want a robe and a pipe, but I'm not sure I can pull it off.
B38rEjjIUAAqgiN.jpg

B38rE4mIUAAADwg.jpg

Article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2859972/Medal-honor-winner-posts-amusing-threats-ISIS-social-media-ignores-FBI-warning-military-members-stay-quiet-saying-means-terrorism-winning.html

adam12

May 16, 2011
Thought this thread would get more replies, guys an American hero and an extreme badass!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I honestly didn't see it and posted it as another meme with a few choice words.
Sorry. But then again, not sorry.
It deserves two posts anyway, it is so awesome.
People who don't think so need to check to see if their man-card has been snatched up.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
As far as I am concerned an MoH winner can dress anyway he wants and smoke whatever he wants. I wish I could meet him and buy him a drink. :worship:

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
I'm a vet who saw combat, was in the same division that Audie Murphy served in. Went to the same NCO academy that MSG Shugheart Attended(black hawk down but the real life version) and I still think this Marine is a total BA. One doesn't win the MoH. It is earned. I agree with the other poster as well. Wish I could buy the guy a drink and render a salute Hooah!

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Murphy refused to acknowledge his presence until Clark remembered that all active military, including officers, are required to salute Honor winners first, even civilians.

AFAIK there is not a regulation covering this, but the tradition is so ingrained that it is rarely ignored. I was stationed at Ft. Hood in 1970 after returning from Viet Nam and enjoyed watching a Colonel spend 10 minutes dressing down a Shavetail for not saluting a MSG MoH recipient. I suspect the Colonel came up through the ranks, he had a command of profanity that is rarely seen except for Drill Sergeants.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I haven't checked recently but the stipend was up to $600 per month several years ago. Most MoH recipients also qualify for a substantial VA disability rating. It's still a small fraction of what they should receive. I've had the honor to meet several of these men and they all say the same thing: in their minds they are not heroes, they simply did what needed to be done to save their brothers.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I like this Marine and his attitude. ISIS wouldn't last five minutes in my town. You could probably count on a single hand the folks who don't carry.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
He's a true bad ass and it's great that he happens to be a pipe smoker.

I guess I can't blame a guy from trying to extend his 15 minutes but IMO true bad ass would never have tweeted that photo. The pipe looks like just a prop. 8O

adam12

May 16, 2011
I guess I can't blame a guy from trying to extend his 15 minutes but IMO true bad ass would never have tweeted that photo. The pipe looks like just a prop.
Asinine opinions like yours are allowed to be expressed primarily because people like him defended your right to say it. I don't care if the guy has a prop in his mouth, or if it's staged, he's making a point about our country living in fear, he's a medal of honor recipient and your disrespect says a whole lot about you sir. Now go out there and be free today while people like him and many others take care of business while you celebrate ignorance.
By the way, believing that a medal of honor recipient is after his 15 minutes of fame is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I guess I can't blame a guy from trying to extend his 15 minutes but IMO true bad ass would never have tweeted that photo. The pipe looks like just a prop.
Asinine opinions like yours are allowed to be expressed primarily because people like him defended your right to say it. I don't care if the guy has a prop in his mouth, or if it's staged, he's making a point about our country living in fear, he's a medal of honor recipient and your disrespect says a whole lot about you sir. Now go out there and be free today while people like him and many others take care of business while you celebrate ignorance.
By the way, believing that a medal of honor recipient is after his 15 minutes of fame is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Amen

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
LoL! Oh the drama. I guess I alone on this one but that's NBD. I still think the photo and tweet was strange. I expect to see selfies and smack talk from celebrities but not from a MoH recipiant. Generally soldiers don't seek the limelight they just did what they had to do and got on with it. It seems very out of character for a military hero to give bulletin board material to our enemies probably a lone wolf self radicalized guy looking for a target. 8O

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
The pipe looks like just a prop. 8O
Meanwhile the sword he's holding while reading his book looks perfectly natural...?
God bless the man. He is a hero, and entitled to post whatever he wants on his Facebook or Twitter, just as we all are.
It is other people re-posting his picture, or making memes with it; not him doing it.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Shows despite what we see so much on TV, they are still raising American Heroes in this US of A. Guys like this keep the light of freedom lit!

Status
Not open for further replies.