Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Here is a picture of my first pipe, bought about 22 years ago at Campbell's Smoke Shop in East Lansing.

It's a no-name basket pipe that took abuse when starting out, hinernated for years, and smokes well. Small, yet a work horse, I use it for smaller smokes and stout tobacco (like the small selection of plugs and rope I have).

The only marking is Czech stamped on the shank. While it's a long shot and my expectations are small, any thoughts on the maker or any additional information on the pipe?20220925_080221.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Here is a picture of my first pipe, bought about 22 years ago at Campbell's Smoke Shop in East Lansing.

It's a no-name basket pipe that took abuse when starting out, hinernated for years, and smokes well. Small, yet a work horse, I use it for smaller smokes and stout tobacco (like the small selection of plugs and rope I have).

The only marking is Czech stamped on the shank. While it's a long shot and my expectations are small, any thoughts on the maker or any additional information on the pipe?View attachment 171141
It looks like it would be 'back in fashion' with a good clean up. Can't help with specific identification but the links below might give you some info on the Czech pipe inductry which has been strong since the 17th century ! Good Luck.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Jack.Grave

Lurker
Mar 7, 2020
Prague, Czech Republic
@ The Amish Tyrant it looks like BPK Proseč Shape 61 54 in sandblast finish. Retail price if new around 30 USD when new (in todays money). Not bad, not great pipes. Unfortunately BPK Proseč is one of them OEM pipe factory which is sold their pipes under million of brands by distributor needs. Rumors says they even made pipes for some major brands in the past (Peterson of Dublin for example).
Web page of maker (only in czech language): BPK - https://www.bpkprosec.cz/
Jack

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
@ The Amish Tyrant it looks like BPK Proseč Shape 61 54 in sandblast finish. Retail price if new around 30 USD when new (in todays money). Not bad, not great pipes. Unfortunately BPK Proseč is one of them OEM pipe factory which is sold their pipes under million of brands by distributor needs. Rumors says they even made pipes for some major brands in the past (Peterson of Dublin for example).
Web page of maker (only in czech language): BPK - https://www.bpkprosec.cz/
Jack
Wow. Just wow.

Thank you for the information. It is truly appreciated.