Pipe 6

Pipe 7
Wow, haha. Thanks for digging those up!

Reactions: brian64

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I like the cant. I just find them super comfortable to hold and smoke because of the the way the stem is angled towards your mouth when you hold the bowl in a relaxed way. (Almost as though it were designed that way 🤔). The egg-like bowl fits the hand really well. I also find the foot nuzzles against the inside of my knuckle when I hold the shank between my fingers like a cigarette (if that makes sense). It's also the most classic pipe shape. It hasn't really been improved upon IMHO, but I like a straight billiard almost as much.
Hahaha I often hold churchwardens “cigar style” myself. It feels very classy 😂

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
A lot of fun to do - I had no idea it was going to be a head-to-head shootout, but nothing would have changed, I had some quiet fun making a Walrus (Alaskan had no idea it had two feet when I shipped it). And how delightful to see everyone else's take on the shape, what elements they perceive as "cuttyness" and what elements are personal style.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
A lot of fun to do - I had no idea it was going to be a head-to-head shootout, but nothing would have changed, I had some quiet fun making a Walrus (Alaskan had no idea it had two feet when I shipped it). And how delightful to see everyone else's take on the shape, what elements they perceive as "cuttyness" and what elements are personal style.
Hahaha yeah that was quite an awesome surprise! I love how it got nicknamed “The Wutty” 😂

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Hahaha yeah that was quite an awesome surprise! I love how it got nicknamed “The Wutty” 😂
The wutty was easily my favorite. I had a hard time voting in all the rounds after it dropped off the list because none of the others came close to the same appeal for me.
I plan to have Todd carve one for me if nobody feels like I'd be stepping on their walrus toes by copying their awesome and unique custom pipe design.
What do you think? We could have wutty twins!

Reactions: canucklehead

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
The wutty was easily my favorite. I had a hard time voting in all the rounds after it dropped off the list because none of the others came close to the same appeal for me.
I plan to have Todd carve one for me if nobody feels like I'd be stepping on their walrus toes by copying their awesome and unique custom pipe design.
What do you think? We could have wutty twins!
Yeah, man of course! Do it up!

Reactions: wolflarsen

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
That pipe was easily the most classic-looking one of the bunch to me. Totally subjective opinion here. It just looked like it could have been made over a hundred years ago. The stain, the size, the shaping, the horn shank? Hopefully Sasquatch will be making wutties up the wazoo now.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Hey @alaskanpiper!...So...? Which ones did you end up keeping? I'm pretty sure I recently saw one of these come up for sale on fleabay. We never heard if you smoked any of them and if you have any personal favourites among the lot. What was the upshot of this little contest on your end?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hey @alaskanpiper!...So...? Which ones did you end up keeping? I'm pretty sure I recently saw one of these come up for sale on fleabay. We never heard if you smoked any of them and if you have any personal favourites among the lot. What was the upshot of this little contest on your end?
I kept the Jody, Asteriou, Herbaugh, Nate, Flavia, Sabina, Hasty, Davidson, BST, Pastuch, and Yeti.

I have smoked most of them, but a couple remain unsmoked for now. So far favorites are Jody, Abe, Flavia, Nate in that order. But again, the unsmoked ones remain unranked for that reason. Adam’s little pocket cutty is pretty damn handy too though.

The upshot was fun.