Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2021
Ontario
I am wondering if anyone has cut up coins so that they are like thick ribbons. I worry that the ribbons would fall apart and I'd be left with tiny scraps. But I was thinking of doing it because I think that it would maintain the layering that the coin has, instead of rubbing it out and separating the layering. Of course, there is fold and stuff, but I haven't figured that out yet. I hope that this might be an intermediary between those two methods. (I don't think Mac Baren roll cakes would work since they aren't so tight. But escudo, navy rolls, etc. might survive.)

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Roll cakes, you stack them then fold in half. Shove it into a pipe that will hold and that it. No need to cut them into pieces. Coins are similar, stack, fold in half.. into a pipe. It helps if you "work it" once the coin/roll cake are folded. Basically, you bend them back and forth up and down the fold to loosen them up for easier burn. Coins and roll cake can be fully rubbed out if you wish. No need to chop them up.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
If you’re talking of precut coins, I usually rub them out, but nothing wrong with folding and stuffing. You’ll have more relights, but it will burn slower the more intact it is. If you’re talking about cutting coins off of a rope, I like to slice mine as thinly as possible and rub it out into fine shag. I do the same with whole leaf plug. It’s the most flavorful way to smoke it in my experience, but everyone has their preferences. Experiment. You won’t ruin it.

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Bulls eye coins I cut in four then roll and stuff.
Cabbies and Three nuns I rough them up and stuff

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
My favorite thing about coins is how they can be folded in half into a u shape, rolled, and fit perfectly into the chamber. Instead of rubbing out, I just try to make sure to rough them up a bit during the folding/rolling process.