PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I wanted to share pictures of a tamper display rack I just completed for a customer. The three levels are Birdseye Maple, and edged with black leather. The back and bottom of the display rack are covered in black felt. Has plenty of holes (he requested at least 100) to display various size tampers. Let me know what you all think. (My dog (helper) Kody kept try to stick her foot in my pictures)
tamp-rack-1-600x450.jpg

tamp-rack-2-600x450.jpg

tamp-rack-back-600x450.jpg

tamp-rack-bottom-600x450.jpg

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
Wow pretty cool. If the fella has that many tampers how may pipes does he have? I have fourteen pipes and about five tamers.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
He sent me a picture of his collection, and he has a lot of various tampers, and pics. Most are carved and turned ones. I have about 50 pipes and maybe 6 tampers, and 5 are all just the mass produced metal. I have one turned one. I'm not sure how many pipes he has......maybe he will need a cabinet next.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
(he requested at least 100

Thats a whole lot. I have 29 pipes and 7 tampers. 5 were given to me from people on this forum, 1 is a Czech tool from P&C, and one is something I made. I also have two tampers I made for the tamper exchange.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Wow. Nice work, Gecko.
I love the birds eye, the tiers and the contrasting black leather trim is a very classy touch.
Good luck on scoring a cabinet contract.
Fnord

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have maybe 10 pipes and well over 100 tampers. But I sell the tampers at the Chicago Pipe Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.