Curry Lamb & Naan - It’s What’s For Lunch!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I always thought in India they held all animals in reverence, and didn’t eat them, so lamb as an example was a Western thing.

I like Goats Milk and Cheese, never eaten a goat though, don’t think I ever will, to cute.... Bahhhh ?
Most of my friends at work are non-veg (they eat meat as well as vegetarian dishes) most of the time, though many have days or specific times of year that they don't eat meat. The only meat I missed eating in India was beef (though buffalo was a passable substitute) as it is illegal to slaughter or sell beef in Mumbai.

Reactions: edger and PipeIT

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I love Indian food and one of the trials and tribulations of this time has been the closing of the various Indian buffets that I used to hit for lunch. My next door neighbor is from Southern India and has had me over for amazing vegetarian meals. We've driven down to Artesia a few times to shop in the Indian markets and I bring back several types of biryani to share with my son.
I've made my own lamb curries and vindaloos in the past. Lamb may or may not be "authentic" but I couldn't care less. I like goat, but it's a lot of bone, fat, and chew and a lot more work. I'll stick with lamb.
I need to find a recipe for chicken chutneywalla, as my son loves it. My Indian cookbook has over 1000 recipes from all parts of the Indian subcontinent, but not that one, at least under that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.