Curry Lamb & Naan - It’s What’s For Lunch!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Oh how I love my Curry, yeah to Indian food!

Lamb in spiced basmati rice, with a separate curried lamb, and naan bread.

From an Indian restaurant 1 block from the house, having it just as I type this today, oh it smells so good!

This goes out to all the Curry Lovers in the house! ??

I think I can smell some of that 17 year old Louisiana Perique in there somewhere! LOL

Oh and I need to savor slowly, it does have a bit of tongue bite. LOL

94C3E584-1ED4-47C1-BCAA-A988123FB9C9.jpeg

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
There are two Indian owned restaurants near me, the one around the corner I am always eating from, only for take outs.

The other one, I have sat in several times for a night out and the choices, as you point out are immense, not to forget the amount of different curries and spices, just amazing.

India has it right! Spice is the Variety of Life! :)

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Looks yummy!!!
Lamb is not authentic Indian though in my opinion- While there are a few regional dishes made with lamb (Areas of India with British influence), goat is the authentic red meat of choice for most Indians / Indian dishes.

Next time you might try the goat !
There used to be a great place close by that had a killer goat pepper fry. I think I was the only one that ordered it though, because they took it off the menu. They eventually moved locations, and it’s kind of out of the way for me now, but I still go there occasionally. They have good dal makhani, too.

Too bad they took it off the menu! That’s a very popular dish, here in NJ

There used to be a great place close by that had a killer goat pepper fry. I think I was the only one that ordered it though, because they took it off the menu. They eventually moved locations, and it’s kind of out of the way for me now, but I still go there occasionally. They have good dal makhani, too.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Looks yummy!!!
Lamb is not authentic Indian though in my opinion- While there are a few regional dishes made with lamb (Areas of India with British influence), goat is the authentic red meat of choice for most Indians / Indian dishes.

I always thought in India they held all animals in reverence, and didn’t eat them, so lamb as an example was a Western thing.

I like Goats Milk and Cheese, never eaten a goat though, don’t think I ever will, to cute.... Bahhhh ?

Reactions: edger

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Timing on this one is great (though it’s dinner), I am at my favorite Indian restaurant, picking up some Paneer Butter Masala with 2 orders of Garlic Naan right now. Getting the extra Naan turns this into two meals. I order it every Sunday and eat the leftovers at work. It’s absolutely delish! Sometimes I’ll add a cold yogurt soup which is also divine. These guys know me so well, they are always hooking me up with free desserts and something for the daughter. Love this place!

Also love the yogurt soda. Most of my friends and family think it’s disgusting. It’s not sweet at all, very sour, almost like carbonated buttermilk. Yummmmm!

Cheers to Indian cuisine, my favorite by far.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Timing on this one is great (though it’s dinner), I am at my favorite Indian restaurant, picking up some Paneer Butter Masala with 2 orders of Garlic Naan right now. Getting the extra Naan turns this into two meals. I order it every Sunday and eat the leftovers at work. It’s absolutely delish! Sometimes I’ll add a cold yogurt soup which is also divine. These guys know me so well, they are always hooking me up with free desserts and something for the daughter. Love this place!

Also love the yogurt soda. Most of my friends and family think it’s disgusting. It’s not sweet at all, very sour, almost like carbonated buttermilk. Yummmmm!

Cheers to Indian cuisine, my favorite by far.

Yeah, we’re in the same boat, just don’t tip us over! :)

Enjoy!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I always thought in India they held all animals in reverence, and didn’t eat them, so lamb as an example was a Western thing.

I like Goats Milk and Cheese, never eaten a goat though, don’t think I ever will, to cute.... Bahhhh ?
One of my best friends in college was from Gujarat. He didn’t eat meat. But many from areas like Punjab, Kerala, etc, eat meat and fish.
And goats are only cute until they get on your vehicle! ?

Aug 1, 2012
Looks yummy!!!

From the areas I've seen (Maharashtra and Goa) this is true. In my experience, whenever it says "lamb" on the menu in those areas it means goat. It's just given a nicer sounding name for the tourists. I usually avoid mutton and goat in the USA and much of Europe as the taste is not for me but India has been a whole different experience for my perception of goat-based dishes.

On food in India in general, I've found a lot of stuff I love and a few things that it's better for me to avoid. It's one of the things I have missed while I wait on being able to travel back there and finish my job. I especially miss one place down the street that delivers the tastiest Mumbai style hakka noodles...and garlic cheese naan to die for.

Status
Not open for further replies.