Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsilverman7

Lurker
Apr 28, 2011
Hi folks--I will be travelling to London in a few months and have an interest in visiting interesting pipe shops. My sense is that a number of the more iconic ones have closed in recent years, though this might not be the case.
As well, do you know of any pipe "factories" that are open for tours?
Thanks much. Sorry if this is a question that others have asked in the past. I am not aware of member responses.
Bob

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Hi bob. We are in a very sad state of affairs as far as shops go unfortunately.

But, shops to visit in London would be - JJ Fox I would say is a must visit I would say. Lots of history there. I believe they still have the chair in the room Winston Churchill used to sit in and smoke. Also st james street is steeped in history. The whole street get closed off from time to time for the royals to shop there! Traditional barbers, tailors etc. plus you can do the tourist thing there being on top of Buckingham palace. Also Dukes hotel have a glorious smoking room. You have to buy a cigar to use it but it's worth the experience.

Bonds of London. Davidoff. Havana house. Don't bother with the tobacconist in Harrods. For one it's JJ Fox and two a £12 tin of bacci is £25+!

Hope this helps.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
What seamusjft wrote! I stay at Duke's when in London. Fox of St. James is, for all intents, a museum as well as a store. I believe they are the oldest, or maybe it was second, licensed purveyors of tobacco in England. John Marshall, the maker of Millville pipes, sells his creations at a bazaar (St. James Market?) just a block or two off Piccadilly.
I purchased a great smoker from him back in March. Great prices and a good span of product is on display. Another plus is that, if you have the time, Mr. Marshall likes to talk and share his knowledge.

alfredopage

Lurker
Jan 14, 2016
In May 2015 I visited Mr. Marshall in St. James Market and found a beautiful person. I bought a small pipe that was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.