Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Hobie's favorite weed is in stock.
Limit buying to spread the love.
I ordered the limit and will try Stonehaven for the first time. 8)

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. Too bad I have to SAVE money right now. grumble grumble ...damn car... grumble grumble
-Jason

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
It was pulled after they sold out.
Pipes and Cigars had some inventory earlier in the day, but it was sold out by the time I went there.
Joe's still had some when I checked them. I spread the word here.
Lot's of pipers would like to try these two blends, but catching them in stock is tricky.
I've smoked Penzance for a long time, but I've never tried Stonehaven.
I'm looking forward to sampling it.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Damn... I would have loved to pick up 8oz or more of Stonehaven. IMO the blend is very good from day one, but amazing if allowed to age a year or two. :x

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Yes,I got mine.Thanks for the heads up! I was a first time customer,and being a haggler,they were kind enough to let me purchase 2 8 oz tins.. :nana: I also ordered coffee,the mocha slide,and carmel crunch.Have any of you tried their coffee?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I have a bag of their Carmel Crunch coffee, my wife friggin loves it.

Its too sweet for me, but I like it from time to time.

Tastes just like Cracker Jack in a coffee cup :)

The Deadmans Reach is a pretty good blend they carry too.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Been trying to get hold of just a little bit of Stoneheaven and Penzance just to see what the hype is all about literally for MONTHS but i suppose i will just say forget it since every single tin and 8oz bag is snatched up instantly....

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I'm glad you guys got a chance at it. I expect a cut and I usually operate at 2% of your total order. :nana:
I have to believe Smokingpipes.com and others have a shipment in as well...Joes and P&C aren't exclusive receivers of this stuff. I bet there will be more available next week from someone else.
Both blends are good as are many other Esoterica blends....but the scarcity has pushed Penzance and Stonehaven into some kind of mythical status and its nice to see guys get a shot at it that want to try it.
I have a pound and a half of Penzance in the vault, but I've always been shut out of Stonehaven orders. I finally scored some!

:clap:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
tonypuff,

I've started to find that HYPE is exactly what it is. Some blends are great that receive little or no attention and others are just fair that everyone is looking for. There are many blends out there that share this problem, not just the Esoterica blends. Samuel Gawith blends share this honor. I feel that many people who truly LOVE Penzance hoard it making it seem like it is the end-all be-all blend to those who have never tried it. It was a good English in my mind, but I think there are better blends that are far more available. Obviously, this is only my opinion and many here will disagree with my opinion on this blend. So it really is a case of, "One man's junk is another man's treasure." Had I had the funds for anything right now, I'd have gotten some Pembroke to try as well as some other blends (my to-try list is so long already and it never gets smaller) from other vendors (Hearth & Home Black House anyone?). Anyway, I guess I'm saying that you may find that you're not missing much in the end.
-Jason

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I found some more Stonehaven at http://shop.libertytobacco.com/Default.aspx After our recent run ins with bogus sites, I am hesitant to order from here, but I am really wanting to try StoneHaven. Anyone ever order from this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.