PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Update: after trying to find several pipes to cull from my collection I could only find one that I'd even consider parting with. I like the pipe I singled out for trade but I don't smoke it very much. Considering that I'd only trade a single pipe, and the amount I'd likely get for it, I decided to keep it and make payments on the pipe I wanted to buy in the first place.

Spread out the payments, flatten the curve (that's a COVID joke).

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Update: after trying to find several pipes to cull from my collection I could only find one that I'd even consider parting with. I like the pipe I singled out for trade but I don't smoke it very much. Considering that I'd only trade a single pipe, and the amount I'd likely get for it, I decided to keep it and make payments on the pipe I wanted to buy in the first place.

Spread out the payments, flatten the curve (that's a COVID joke).
Lol. Sounds like a good, well curated collection! You can also trade/sell that single pipe through the forum or eBay and apply any proceeds toward the pipe of your choice.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I smoke quite moderately yet Im noticing I may have too many pipes ,so to say If I'm adding another pipe to my collection something has to go,I use to practice this method in order to keep herd' reasonable and also raising funds to cover new pipe related expenses ,man's gotta do what man's gotta do''
john-wayne-.jpg

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I smoke quite moderately yet Im noticing I may have too many pipes ,so to say If I'm adding another pipe to my collection something has to go,I use to practice this method in order to keep herd' reasonable and also raising funds to cover new pipe related expenses ,man's gotta do what man's gotta do''
View attachment 36189
Easy there pilgrim! Haha Gotta love the duke

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You definitely have to accumulate a few pipes to make trading them in worthwhile, unless you have one or two high-end pipes, which most of us wouldn't want to trade. Even excellent smokers improve over the years, in most cases, so that is another case for not trading. However, when you have enough so that you notice a few that are true wallflowers, even if they aren't especially poor smokers, it may be time to think about turning them into one pipe you will smoke more often. I tend to bond with pipes, as mementos I guess, since they are inanimate.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.