PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
I'd love to see a movie like this that doesn't butcher the story or the message, we'll see.
Most of my friends are well versed on the subject so I'm sure there will be at least one evening spent dissecting it.

Reactions: anotherbob

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I’ll certainly watch the film when I get the chance. I doubt if it will play in any theaters here in Bulgaria but I’m sure it can be streamed by some service.

Lewis is a fascinating character and I very much enjoy his writings.

Reactions: jpberg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy your terse, pithy, philosophical statements.
Especially so, when I disagree with them.
They are like a dash of perique in the plain virginia of my mind. (Awesome! You are no stranger to metaphor.)

You are a divine messenger, if you did but know it. (Sometimes I feel like that after speaking in, but when I remember humility, I return to being a dope, which is certainly the safer position.)
Thank you. I've not been praised as you have done though its energy bespeaks reaction formation.

Sorry to offend any of you. My disgust with Christianity has gotten out of hand. There are things to like about it. Recently I was taken by the Sacred Heart, whose definition as God's passionate love for man touched me, so much so that I wrote a villanelle with it as the central image, metaphorized as the stigmata.

Let me be clear. I didn't say my view is better than any of yours. I didn't say that you should be in any way hampered by my view, which could be regarded as the vitriol of a stupid, old man. I posted my view, which is the normal business of a forum, and you yours. In my view we're done. Let's get on with it.

This seems to be a place to respond to a blowhard who seems to feel he can spout nonsense about my posts. I would remind you that in earthly life neither you nor I know anything, but afflicted by emotion we take ridiculous positions entirely based on opinion. Should you feel the need to continue in this idiocy, I have given myself permission to gut you and enforce your silence.

Recently you were chortling about how my posts would cause a partial ban. Still here, you frakking idiot. In a war of words with me the porcine crockett will only find defeat.

Cappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Louisiana
Thank you. I've not been praised as you have done though its energy bespeaks reaction formation.

Sorry to offend any of you. My disgust with Christianity has gotten out of hand. There are things to like about it. Recently I was taken by the Sacred Heart, whose definition as God's passionate love for man touched me, so much so that I wrote a villanelle with it as the central image, metaphorized as the stigmata.

Let me be clear. I didn't say my view is better than any of yours. I didn't say that you should be in any way hampered by my view, which could be regarded as the vitriol of a stupid, old man. I posted my view, which is the normal business of a forum, and you yours. In my view we're done. Let's get on with it.

This seems to be a place to respond to a blowhard who seems to feel he can spout nonsense about my posts. I would remind you that in earthly life neither you nor I know anything, but afflicted by emotion we take ridiculous positions entirely based on opinion. Should you feel the need to continue in this idiocy, I have given myself permission to gut you and enforce your silence.

Recently you were chortling about how my posts would cause a partial ban. Still here, you frakking idiot. In a war of words with me the porcine crockett will only find defeat.
Well and eloquently stated.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Tell you what. The smart thing to do would be for us to decide that ending the dispute would be best. Fighting is unpleasant and solves nothing. All that is necessary is for you to return to your corner and me to mine. This is not defeat but wisdom.

Jun 25, 2021
England
my views aren’t the same as Einstein, but I welcome the opportunity to learn more about my fellow pipe smoker.
Einstein was a keen amateur violin player in a quartet, but he couldn't keep time properly.

I can't be certain as to the truth of it, but there is a story that goes like this.
One day Einstein was playing along with the quartet, and making his usual blunders.
Miffed at this, one of the group turned to him and said. " Albert my good fellow, can you not simply count - one, two, three, four ? "

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

Well my opinion on Religion is to put it simply variable. The name they use means less then what they use it for. I'll put it this way I've seen people do incredible things in a good way because of religion it gave them that extra push or inspiration to do great things and I've seen it used to do horrible things. To manipulate people, get more money, power, or just to abuse people they don't like. And it doesn't matter what religion.
Heck I can illustrate it with Atheism. I've seen atheists do good and great things because according to them "there is no God so we have to do the good for each other" and also seen atheists do terrible things and say "there is no God so who gives a flying flip what we do".
And then there is a fine line between sharing the Good news and harassing everybody who doesn't already agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.